Page 1 of 1
Tesslayer
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:08 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I recently got my dreamcast online with a pc-dc server. I'm able to connect to Quake 3 online but I can't find any servers on the master list or by manually querying them. Any ideas on what's wrong?

everynewday84
rank 12
Posted:
Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:27 pm
quote : #2
I've never used a pc-dc server so I can't speak on that. But if you're not getting a master list, you are still able to connect to a server.

How did you try and manually connect? Did you, while in a game, pull up the console by hitting f12, type ;connect <ip>:<port>? you should then immediatly connect to the ip:port you have entered. What happened when you tried to manually query a server?

Congrats on getting the pc-dc working Wink

fallout
rank 16
Posted:
Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:44 pm
quote : #3
Type: PAL
Hello, when I played Quake III Arena over my dc-pc setup I experienced the same problem. It appears that with the newer point releases something broke as you have the same problem with the PC ingame browser.
One solution is to run a local master server somewhere on your intranet as I did

You could use dpmaster (or q3ms by Luigi Auriemma that I cannot find atm.) both are crossplatform
http://freecode.com/projects/dpmaster

On the dc-pc server edit your operating system host file
redirect master.quake3arena.com to the ip of the machine running the masterserver emulator

get a fresh list of servers with qstat (or something else) and add it to the masterserver (Not sure if dpmaster can even do this.. but q3ms from alluigi could)
Kbuzz
rank 23
Posted:
Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:39 pm
quote : #4
how are you guys getting a dialtone for Q3A to use the pc-dc server?
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:38 pm
quote : #5
Nevermind, I completely scrapped my pc-dc server. I'm now connected to a free dial up service. Quake 3 and my other games work perfectly!

jjc5150
rank 11
Posted:
Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:45 am
quote : #6
Hi guys, yea for the most part, when I was using my pc/dc server I was never able to scan for servers on quake 3. They always had to be entered manually. The addresses for the oc quake servers are listed here on the site, as for the other servers out there they come and go - but if you need them Im sure I could get you the current list.
To Be Honest, Dial up is the way to go, especially if you can get a free one that is reliable, because free dial up services always disappear after time.

As for the question about the dial tone, I always used the line swap trick, which is on the site here in the support section I believe. But some of the guys have done it by playing an audio file of a dial tone on there pc's and having a cable connected to the phone line and getting it to work that way as well.
Jabber ID: JJC5150@jabber.org
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:53 am
quote : #7
Everyone else here pretty much covered what needed to be said in great detail. For some reason you can't query idsoftware's Q3 master list on a PCDC server.

fallout wrote:
You could use dpmaster (or q3ms by Luigi Auriemma that I cannot find atm.) both are crossplatform
http://freecode.com/projects/dpmaster

I have Luigi's q3ms, try looking for "q3lanms" as I just checked my local repo and its there named as such. If you need it, I can email it to you. I have the exe with the source code.

I was unaware of dpmaster. Thanks for the tip Wink

I have plans to run a secondary master list for DC users.