Page Location: Home > General Online > Topic
Het_Nkik
rank 1
Posted:
Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:33 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I bought a broadband adapter just so I could download pictures and use them as tags in Jet Set Radio again. However, I'm running into problems.

XDP - JSR doesn't recognize any pictures I download with XDP. I've quadruple checked that the jpegs meet all of JSR's requirements.

PlanetWeb 3.0 - As far as I can tell, PW3.0 does not offer the ability to save pictures. I push X+A over jpegs and nothing happens.

And that's it. Are there any other browsers that let you use the BBA and let you save images? Are there any games with built-in browsers (like JSR) that let you use the BBA?

I have one phone jack in this house and it's nowhere near my or Dreamcast or anything so dial-up isn't much of an option.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:42 am
quote : #2
Type: PAL
dream passport 3 or dream key 3 might work. Give them a try.
rank 1
Posted:
Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:25 pm
quote : #3
As far as I can tell no version of DreamKey supports the BBA.

Dream Passport is in Japanese and I can't understand anything. Pretty positive I'm connected to the net (it recognizes my BBA in the bottom corner and keeps track of how long I've been connected) but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get a URL bar to visit any sites. However, on one of the help pages I stumbled across I did X+A over an image and it let me save it. But Jet Set Radio still isn't recognizing it. But I have no way of even knowing if the image was a jpeg or anything.

So two questions now:

1. Can anyone tell me how to visit websites using Dream Passport? I know zero Japanese.

2. Does anyone know where I can get this browser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOAu148JjDA

Het_Nkik
rank 1
Posted:
Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:34 am
quote : #4
Figured it out. I'll leave this here in case anybody ever needs the info in the future.

Step 1 - Start up XDP in your Dreamcast
Step 2 - X+A over whatever (non-progressive) jpeg you want. This will save the image as PASSPORT.PXX. Jet Grind Radio will NOT recognize this file.
Step 3 - Still using XDP, go to this site: http://bswirl.kitsunet.org/vmucopy/ NOTE: This page will only load in a Dreamcast web-browser.
Step 4 - Select "browse" and choose the PASSPORT.PXX file off your VMU.
Step 5 - In the box below, you get to rename the file. Rename the file DREAMKEY.PXX and save the file.
Step 6 - Load up JSR and go the graffiti editor. The game will now recognize your image.

I assume ANY file editor that lets you rename files will allow this to work, but this is the only one with Dreamcast web-browser support as far as I know. All the other ones involve transferring files to your PC using the Nexus memory card.

*Note: I'm using the XX at the end of the filenames as a variable. They end in .P00 .P01 .P02 etc.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:09 am
quote : #5
Hmmm this is strange. I know in the past you could just save the image, and it would work. The blueswirl step shouldn't be needed. I will have to research this again when I get a chance.