Page 3 of 3
lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:51 pm
quote : #31
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Well after playing this game for a few hours over the last week, I have come out with a good impression. I commented on a lack of effort as far as the artwork goes, which still stands, however the game itself is very fun and I enjoy playing it. I think the price I paid (£33) is not justified, NG DEV TEAM seem to charge a lot for their releases in comparison to say senile team ot yuan works, however with that said the game is enjoyable and breathes that bit of extra life into the dreamcast and I would advise its purchase.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
Mazonemayu
rank 27
Posted:
Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:53 am
quote : #32
I finally got time to spend an hour or so with the game & I must say I like it. mnd that it has some things working against it (the fact that it looks like truxton for example Mr. Green )
also I'm not a big fan of techno sountracks in shmups, on the other hand, it just keeps throwing massive ammounts of bullets at you, the game mechanics are ok & the controls too. the boss muscis are way better comared to the stage music as well & the bosses look ok too (compared to the rest of the game).

I don't regret having bought this (unlike dux which I finished in 15 mins Mr. Green Mr. Green)

anyway, here's just my 2 cents

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!
brmanuk
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:24 pm
quote : #33
I got this game earlier this week but I'm having trouble figuing out how to get my internet ranking code. Basically, it doesn't appear!

If I play the first stage for example and purposely die, I see a code after entering my name. However, if I play the game properly and eventually die, I don't get a code after entering my name! I've played up to Stage 4 and after dying I don't see a code!!

Do I have a defective copy or is this a common bug??

Mazonemayu
rank 27
Posted:
Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:27 am
quote : #34
you only get a code if you don't use continue

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!
brmanuk
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:13 am
quote : #35
Mazonemayu wrote:
you only get a code if you don't use continue

So you mean, you have to play with 1 credit only to get a code?

Mazonemayu
rank 27
Posted:
Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:14 pm
quote : #36
obviously, otherwise it would be cheating. thats why they call it 1CC Wink Wink

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:42 am
quote : #37
Type: NTSC-U/C
brmanuk, the gold standard for getting a high score in any arcade game is to do so with 1 credit (3 lives, no continues). This is referred to as a 1CC aka 1 Credit Clear. Notice that many arcade games will either reset the score when you continue, or they will leave the last few digits as zeros, and append a 1 to your score for each continue you make.

You may have also heard someone at somepoint or another complain about a shmup/shooter by saying "its too short", and how they can beat the game in an hour. Well, thats because they were credit feeding, continuing over and over again. Once you strive to only progress so far using 1 credit.... then it could take weeks, even months, wtih hundreds of hours of practice and memorization to truly master the game.

Question: Does Fast Striker append a 1 to the end of your score if you continue? I still don't own this yet. So was just curious if the developers implemented this feature.