gelcila
rank 2
Posted:
Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:14 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hi all.

I am not able to send emails with the Dreamcast.
I have done many free e-mail signups to test on the dreamcast, and configuring correctly POP and SMTP I can see my e-mail with the Web Planet 2.6, but I can't send a new.

Someone still uses this service and can send emails surfing
by Dreamcast?
From what I could understand the reason are the TLS/SSL protocols, or maybe also authentication.

I am the days researching and testing but always when I try to send an e-mail message appears: "The e-mail host is not responding. Please try again later."

Tried several mail servers that seemed not need authentication or SSL protocols, I found some, but still didn't work when you try to send e-mail.

Is it still is there any way to use the e-mail service on the dreamcast?

Someone here can still send e-mails attaching VMU saves?

It would be very nice to know that it is still possible ... maybe others have the same doubt.

Thank you in advance for the answers. Very Happy

"Para um bom espremedor meia laranja basta."

I need learn English...
rjay63
rank 5
Posted:
Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:31 pm
quote : #2
Type: PAL
I back up some of my VMU saves by email so it can still be done. I have an email account with gmx.com as it doesn't mess around with the VMU save file structure and it's fairly quick to load. If you are using dialup, you need to make sure your POP3 is set to your email account and the SMTP is set to the ISP you are using. For example here is mine (I live in the UK):

POP3: pop3.gmx.com
SMTP: mail.myfreeisp.co.uk

Hope this helps.
Posted:
Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:21 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
I am very thankful with your answer.
I've been absent for a while and I could only answer now.

I actually read something about the ISP be used as SMTP mail, but I face a problem with this, all ISPs Brazilians I've seen so far use TLS or SSL authentication.
Crying or Very sad

I do not know how it is in your case, but I do not need to create an account here in Brazil to have free dial-up internet access, I need only the Dialer number and I can leave the Login and the Password blank that it connects without problems, works perfectly for online play.

I used the IGmail and Yahoo!Mail on the Dreamcast for a long time ago, where the POP and SMTP was the e-mail itself, so if I get an ISP that does not use TLS or SSL authentication in SMTP should work, as happened with you.

Thanks again for having remembered it, this was the only thing I have not tried, I created numerous emails to test and it did not work, the problem now is to find some ISP, preferably free, and whether he has no SMTP authentication.

Thank you!

"Para um bom espremedor meia laranja basta."

I need learn English...