Previous  1, 2
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:01 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I know what you mean Mazonemayu. This game will have level design and exploration, which I think is something that appeals to everyone regardless of the games difficulty/lack of.
Posted:
Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:26 am
quote : #17
Type: PAL
Anyone ordered a copy yet?

Mazonemayu
rank 27
Posted:
Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:19 pm
quote : #18
me; still waiting for it to arrive

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!
gRimGrAvY014
rank 27
Posted:
Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:24 am
quote : #19
I'm waiting for my next pay check, then I'm ordering a copy Cool

amcdc79
rank 10
Posted:
Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:20 am
quote : #20
My "Dragon Box"Edition arrived today, I ordered it on June 22 so I was quite surprised to see it so soon. Since this Edition was going to be released on the 25th, and they were going to fill all of the Pre-orders first, I didn't think it would arrive until later this month. The packaging is top notch, now I've got to find the time to play what looks like a very cool New Dreamcast game.

Mazonemayu
rank 27
Posted:
Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:57 am
quote : #21
amcdc79 wrote:
. The packaging is top notch, now I've got to find the time to play what looks like a very cool New Dreamcast game.

did you notice the japanese on the back of the sleeve is printed backwards? no wonder they already removed this version from their shop. on the other hand imo it just contributes even more to the cheesiness (<meant in a positive way) of the game & it makes it far more limited

ok, so I played original mode for like an hour & here's what I found out:

I actually like this game, it is indeed like turrican though I can't remember being able to shoot diagonally in turrican; plenty of weps & the games mechanics work great too (though not without its flaws, I actually got stuck in a hole on lv3 I think & had to restart to get out of it Laughing ). the level design reminds me of a very old game I used to own on my 48k Speccy, called Starquake; its huge & a real pain to find every corner , secret & bonus, specially it you walk too fast you'll fall in a hole leading to the next part of the level & you won't be able to go back up again, hence missing the bonus items. the bosses I encountered so far were not that hard but they get the job done, the game is more exploring based anyway. though at times there's a lot going on at the same time it has given me no slowdown up till now this I count as a plus too...thats about it for now personally I like the overall feel of the thing, it succeeds in giving me the ol' megadrive/pc engine/arcade buzz. Wink

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:29 am
quote : #22
How is the music? Is it as good or better than DUX/Last Hope?
Posted:
Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:44 am
quote : #23
at least as good as Last Hope, but darker than DUX imo, but to be honest, there's so much going on on the screen that you only have time to listen to the music is when you stand still in an area where you already killed everything Wink

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:50 pm
quote : #24
Lol nice, sounds like the game is pretty action packed Wink