Topic: Resident Evil 3

Page 1 of 1
Arubeto
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:27 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
In the last weeks I just began playing my old DC Resident Evil games (2 and 3, haven't got CV yet), which I bought a looong time ago, but never actually played a lot. Anyway, I finished Resident Evil 2 a few days ago and enjoyed it a lot, great atmosphere, cool setting, pure RE experience!

Now I started playing RE 3:Nemesis and although the setting is even more convincing (the burning city a much greater scale than in the 2nd RE, the streets have much more details etc.) I am already really pissed...because I can't get past that freaking Nemesis EVEN AT THE 1ST ENCOUNTER! Mad I tried it like 7 times, followed the trick from a walkthrough that said you have to always run to his right side because he is trying to hit you with his left hand, shoot the shotgun at him and so on. But why does it take Jill an whole eternity to just shoot the shotgun once at Nemesis? The time I pulled the trigger, the guy is already at me, tosses me to the ground, from where I can't get up until he grabs me and kills me instantly. What's the deal? ALL of the bosses in RE2 until the very last Mr X in Leon B where much more doable than this freak! Evil or Very Mad

Even in the easy mode, it took me 50% of a clip from the machine gun plus a few shells from the shotgun to take him down. What am I doing wrong? I can remember Mr. X from RE2, who has the same hobby of surprising, but at the same time had the nice behavior to go down after a few shots.

I'd really be happy if somebody told me if that Nemesis guy is really difficult to beat even at the 1st encounter (on "hard" difficulty) or if I am just the worst RE player ever.

Ronin
rank 5
Posted:
Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:32 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Do not blame yourself, the RE controls was what made me hate early RE games.
Posted:
Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:23 pm
quote : #3
Yes, I know the controls are crap, but at least Capcom managed to adjust the difficulty according to that flaw in the other games. The player wasn't able to move or turn quickly, so most of the enemies weren't either. The player had to adapt to new camera angles during the fight, so the monsters gave you a little time and were not attacking too often, but this Nemesis crap is really cheap: even if you get the whole courtyard of the police station between you and him (at which point the shotgun won't have much effect anyway) he will be at the player the second after you shoot him, because the character needs such a hilarious long to recover from pulling the trigger before being able to move again.

I think the game is very bad balanced. But perhaps I am totally wrong, perhaps he is supposed to be nearly impossible to beat...so you HAVE TO run from him and that makes one feel even more danger when encountering him...but then again, why do one has the option to fight him if it equal to die anyway?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:17 am
quote : #4
I have not played any of the RE games on the DC yet. It is a franchise I still need to catch up on. However in many other games, I have run into situations where I am at a boss and I simply cannot beat him. The key is to stay calm and keep trying. Sometimes, it would take me 6 hours to figure out a way to beat the boss. Simply dying over and over and over and over and over again. Eventually, I get better and better, and eventually figure out a way to defeat him.
Posted:
Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:59 am
quote : #5
Yes, you're right, I now it's sometimes very difficult to beat some nasty bosses in some difficult games. I have some experiences where I needed days or sometimes even a couple of weeks until I managed to beat a final boss (I think the final boss in Capcom vs SNK took me some days).

But this nemesis encounter is not the final boss! That is like 3% into the game when you first encounter him. And THAT is what makes it so frustrating: you haven't seen much of the game and are already prohibited to see more.

I suppose I have to avoid the fight...on the other hand: the guy drops parts of an important gun which I need for sure if I want to be successful. I'll keep trying! Confused

Manji
rank 6
Posted:
Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:53 pm
quote : #6
i'm pretty sure the encounters with Nemesis can be completed in more than one way. i know eventually they give you real-time choices and even during that first encounter, i believe you dont have to kill him or anything, just survive long enough. good luck! RE3 is a great game.

Arubeto
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:53 pm
quote : #7
Ok, after another 4 tries I finally made it and managed to beat Nemesis. But at what cost! It took me ALL shotgun shells (14 altogether), one third of my handgun bullets (30) and all my healing items (3 herbs and 1 first aid pack).

Does this make sense? Losing all one's important items for one fight in the very beginning of the game? To make things worse, the second encounter with Nemesis comes only a few minutes later. And now he shots with rockets at me Shocked

I think I will only fight him from now when I can't avoid it and will run away whenever possible. But one thing: IF I manage to get the some items from him to construct for example the Eagle handgun, do I keep it for any new game I start or is it only for the current game? Those items are the only reason why I fight Nemesis anyway!

Thanks for any help!

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:22 pm
quote : #8
Would Nemesis be a creature you are supposed to avoid, and then try and take him down later in the game when you have more gear?
Posted:
Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:32 am
quote : #9
Not exactly. Nemesis is the main antagonist who you encounter several times. I understand that you can avoid to fight him some/most times, but it's highly recommended to fight him because he drops some crucial weapon parts which seem to be very important in the game. Since he drops only one weapon part every time you beat him, you have to fight him at least twice to get one whole weapon.

So, I got the first part of the Eagle Gun, but like I said, the second time I meet Nemesis I am still recovering from the first encounter - and additionally have to face his rocket launcher!

Because of this, it already took a good chunk of the fun to play this game from me and I don't think I continue playing it for the time being. Perhaps the bonus weapons one can acquire via the "Mercenary"-mini game help, but I seem to have problems there as well. A question for everybody who played that mini game: aren't you supposed to get bonus time for every enemy you defeat? I mow down many of the zombies in the beginning and don't get anything until I meet the first hunter which I take down. Does this depend on the character one is playing?

Bloodflow
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:40 am
quote : #10
Damn, It's good to know that I'm not the only one who thinks Resident evil games can be insanely hard. I really wanted to play this too. I probably still will, but that sounds frustrating as hell and makes me think twice. I think it would help a lot if you didn't have to keep such a close eye on ammo and items. I mean what's the point of getting to the end only to have nothing but a knife (my experience with RE2). And after everything you did to get there, the last thing you want to do is play it all over again. It's a huge letdown and extremely frustrating. I'll probably just resolve to play all the resident evil games with codes so at least I can get to experience the story. I don't know if I'm down for all the heartbreak.

Dalore
rank 10
Posted:
Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:36 am
quote : #11
Type: PAL
Nemesis can be a real pain, I remember getting about half way through the game facing many of the same issues. It's the only resident evil game I haven't actually completed, maybe a re-visit is in order? Smile

TheDreamReborn
rank 3
Posted:
Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:30 am
quote : #12
If running toward his right side wasnt fustrating enough, the running punches coupled with the neck choke will make you rip your hair out once or twice lol Mad