Page Location: Home > General Online > Topic
Gibaholic
rank 4
Posted:
Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:15 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Is this still around? people still playing? sylverant and schthack are really dead for DC/PCv2 players..

Kbuzz
rank 23
Posted:
Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:48 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
not at the moment no. I'd suggest joining us on GC for now if you can.
rank 5
Posted:
Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:49 pm
quote : #3
Sylverant still gets some traffic, just depends on the time of day and what day. Getting on there myself in a few.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:29 pm
quote : #4
Currently the OC Dreamcast PSO server and community are private for the time being. We are not accepting new applications at this time. Eventually we plan to open the Dreamcast PSO area to the public in the same way we have done at the GameCube site. However, I cannot do this until a proper server infrastructure is in place to support US v2.

The GameCube site is quite alive again, and the PSO area is now open for public access. Please see the newly re-written PSO Access page for the GameCube site if you wish to get involved in PSO at OC:

http://gamecube.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/guides_pso_access.php

Just 2 weeks of being registered and 10 posts gets you online.

Unfortunatly I don't have a date for when the Dreamcast PSO area here will be public. My guess is it may not happen until sometime next year simply because of the amount of things I have on my plate and how much effort it takes to get these things setup in a professional way.
Posted:
Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:57 am
quote : #5
I would also like to point out that casting aside any one community as "dead", and then looking elsewhere in the hopes of finding a thriving online player-base awaiting you all layed out on a silver platter is not the way to go about things. Dreamcast Online like many other online experiences that have passed their mainstream prime are extremly difficult to drudge up activity for. Even if OC PSO for Dreamcast were publically accessible you still may not find what you are looking for. Activity happens in "waves". It comes and goes, but eventually returns again.

Furthermore, getting your hands dirty and communicating with others to organize games is a necessary part of the process. A great example is over at the GameCube site where users have been very persistant at trying to get games scheduled in the Hunters Lobby. The time they have put in has payed off, and many sessions of PSO have been played as seen on the game tracker.