Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:02 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Another year, another September 9th. Hard to believe I was standing in line at Babbage's 13 years ago before school for the launch. That day at school felt like an eternity. Looking back, it feels like a lifetime ago.

Did anyone here do anything significant to celebrate the Dreamcast today? I've been going through some demo discs and playing whatever suits me. I'm honestly surprised I don't own some of these games, like Zombie Revenge and Ready 2 Rumble Boxing. Both of these titles remain great to this day.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:10 pm
quote : #2
I played a bit of Gunspike on my Import DC, and put many hours into archiving DC related web material (ongoing project).
Posted:
Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:17 pm
quote : #3
Played some PSO online off and on throughout the day while trying to get stuff done around the house during breaks. Now i'm doing a late night session of I-Spy. Might put in some Sonic Adventure here soon and re-live that first night of Dreamcast bliss after the launch party.

Man was that really 13 years ago ? Crying or Very sad Where does the time go ?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:44 am
quote : #4
More shocking to me is how much time has lapsed since the 10 year anniversary. I can't believe 3 years just flew by.

Playing through the first stage of Sonic Adventure is always a nice choice Wink
Posted:
Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:17 am
quote : #5
Sonic Adventure is the iconic Dreamcast game and a good choice for celebrating the anniversary. It was the first game I saw in the demo kiosks and the crystal clear 480i blew me away...had to have it Very Happy
Official Servers: (formerly) Nawara'ven
WildCard
rank 5
Posted:
Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:47 am
quote : #6
SEGA RPG FAN wrote:
It was the first game I saw in the demo kiosks and the crystal clear 480i blew me away...had to have it Very Happy

Yep, I put my pre-order money down right on the spot that first day i played on the kiosk at Babbage's, no easy feat for a 17 year old highschool kid working minimum wage after class and on weekends.

GameMisconduct
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:33 pm
quote : #7
Type: Wisconsin
I celebrated by finally getting a dreamcast of my own. Always wanted one and never got around to it. I have been told that the DC is one hell of a retro gaming machine.

brmanuk
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:40 am
quote : #8
I played a VCD using VC/DC 0.2 Very Happy

Really want to get Seaman - it's one of the few games from back in the day that I never got a chance to play.