Page Location: Home > StarLancer > Topic
SEGA RPG FAN
rank 20
Posted:
Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:11 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I've owned Starlancer for years but never really played much offline and never online, but the game has always looked so good to me.

For years I've had troubles trying to connect to the game online via dial-up and PC-DC server. I now only have the PC-DC server as an option for connecting, and I've heard that PC-DC clients are not able to host games consistently.

I have a DC-PC server setup in Linux and the advantage is that the Dreamcast shows up on the local network. This means I can port forward from my modem directly to the Dreamcast. It is my hypothesis right now that this will help solve some of the problems with PC-DC clients hosting games.

I do need help testing this, preferably by anyone with a dedicated dial-up connection. If you can help I would really appreciate it.
Official Servers: (formerly) Nawara'ven
WildCard
rank 5
Posted:
Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:38 pm
quote : #2
Would love to help you out, but i can't for the life of me get this game to connect with my dial-up router Sad

SEGA RPG FAN
rank 20
Posted:
Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:39 pm
quote : #3
I may be able to help you troubleshoot that seeing as how I've had problems myself getting it to work. PM me or look for me on jabber.
WildCard
rank 5
Posted:
Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:51 pm
quote : #4
If you could that would be appreciated. I'm also having troubles getting 4x4 evo to work as well. It takes about 10 (or more) tries before the game will conntect to the router, but then it acts like there is no active internet connection on the other end. I've tried everything including putting the DC ip in a DMZ on the router and still nothing. I think i need a different router as PSO and Q3 work fine.

Starlancer i can't even get the game to connect to the router. Sad

Kbuzz
rank 23
Posted:
Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:11 am
quote : #5
I've also tried without success using a linux pppd server

Haven't tried much besides various modem speeds. PSO and Planetweb work just fine.

I suppose it has much to do with the timing of the killall command. There's no verbose output, so it's difficult to know when the execute the command.
rank 20
Posted:
Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:58 am
quote : #6
I can get it to connect just fine in linux. I don't know if it's needed, but after trying a bunch of things I set my modem up in Dreamkey and added the extra AT command ATX1 (blind dial) and then setup the modem in planetweb with blind dial enabled. You have to execute killall right before you tell Starlancer to connect.