Previous  1, 2
Kbuzz
rank 23
Posted:
Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:08 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
posted the guide in the first post since DCS is offline so often.
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:16 am
quote : #17
Thanks Kbuzz for posting this. I will be merging it into a dedicated page as soon as I can.

To others, note that for now I am going to leave the comments in the guide about PSO as is. Lets just not carry out any troubleshooting questions pertaining to PSO here at this time. We run a private PSO community here so thats where we like all PSO discussions to stay. However do keep in mind that in the near future our application process will be much simpler making it easier for people to partake in OC PSO. We just have a lot of work to do behind the scenes.
Posted:
Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:54 am
quote : #18
In the /etc/ppp/options.[YOUR SERIAL PORT] file I couldn't get the Dreamcast to connect until I used an IP address for my computer that WASN'T its local IP address.

In my case, my computer uses 192.168.0.103. I used 192.168.0.105 for the first entry, 192.168.0.102 for the second and then it connected.

I'm running Ubuntu 11 btw.

Still no luck with Starlancer. I'm going to have to give up Sad
Official Servers: (formerly) Nawara'ven
Kbuzz
rank 23
Posted:
Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:21 pm
quote : #19
Reuploaded all the photos. Should be reliable now.

I'll test out starlancer
rank 23
Posted:
Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:55 pm
quote : #20
well, gave it a good try, but just couldn't connect. PSO and PW 2.0 worked fine. Tried disabling dfeault-asyncmap, opening the ports, connecting directly to the ip, and different AT commands but no luck.
rank 23
Posted:
Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:34 pm
quote : #21
added correction as now all versions of PSO can now connect successfully. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:03 pm
quote : #22
Type: PAL
Hello, first post - found this topic and have thought of something...

Has anyone tried to do this with one of these running Linux? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSLU2

I would imagine that with a custom firmware, a linux OS and a usb modem it could work, I do have a spare NSLU2 so could have a go but if someone has already done this and found it impossible I'd rather find out now! Very Happy

I've played PSO on my gamecube and it was really good fun, but the v2 DC version of PSO is where I really put the hours in (and want to put in more!). Although having read the entry criteria... Smile

SEGA RPG FAN
rank 20
Posted:
Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:01 am
quote : #23
One thing I noticed while trying to get the Dreamcast to connect:

The Dreamcast will connect perfectly the first time I try, but if I disconnect and then try again right away, it won't login the dreamcast user. If I logout under crunchbang and log back in, I can get it to work again. This may be an issue if people are trying to troubleshoot a connection because it would seem to falsely give the impression that things are not setup correctly. I'm not sure how to fix this, I would imagine refreshing the logged in users or something like that.

For my setup BTW, I followed the guide for a vmware instance of crunchbang under windows XP
Official Servers: (formerly) Nawara'ven