Page Location: Home > Classic Sega > Topic
segaholic456
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:43 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I found DOA 2 for Dreamcast for only 6 bucks the other day at a local shop. I was wondering about the original one released on Sega Saturn and what your thoughts on the game are if you played it. Is it worth getting if I can track it down?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:53 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yep definatly worth tracking this down. Dead or Alive is a great conversion of the Model 2 original. It runs great on Saturn.
Posted:
Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:32 am
quote : #3
Type: PAL
It's a decent fighter, but it always leaves a bad taste in my mouth due to how ridiculous/offensive the animation of certain part of the female anatomy is.
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:57 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea I know what you mean. I have always felt like it was some dirty fantasy of the developers that was put into the game, and then we are all supposed to share in it. Obviously other fighting games have characters with large breasts. Take Mai for instance in the KOF series. That I don't mind at all though, because it is a unique aspect of that character's design. So much so that if her breasts didn't bounce up and down to such extremes in her character animation, I would think there is something wrong with the game. DOA however makes every character with huge tits. Which I think is the part that bothers me.

Though, polygonal bustiness aside, DOA is a pretty great fighting game on the Saturn that pushes the 3D hardware capabilities of the system.