Previous  1, 2
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:15 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
That is pretty nice. I wouldn't mind having one of those. Though... is that a PAL DC logo but a Japanese system box?
Posted:
Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:34 pm
quote : #17
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
So... doubling back to check out some of the DC indie shooters, I noticed that Redux is really blurry:

http://www.ghegs.com/img/Dux15_Redux.png

The developers stated on facebook:

Quote:
"Redux does not looks as clean as DUX 1.5 since we used compression method to fit the Game into Dreamcast vram. I'm sorry though that you dont like the result."

But rather than comment on this myself, I think will just echo Fudoh's comment here:

via Fudoh @ shmups.com wrote:
statements like these make it really hard for me to stay a fan of projects like these. I really don't mind spending $100 on a new DC doujin once or twice a year and I certainly don't expect the most polished products out there, but quality control and communication (or the lack of those) are two things which really drive me away. So, with previous screenshots and trailers looking perfectly fine, the above statement isn't an excuse for the blur filter they decided to apply for whatever reason. The game now looks like 240p instead of 480p, but then re-upped to 480p using a terrible scaling algorithm. And of course this means that Ghost Blade will look equally shitty and nothing like the snapshots either. And since when's "we mentioned this on facebook" an excuse for anything ?

That's an overall attitude towards all the supporters which I cannot stand and I think it's best Rene ceases to invest his time and our money into future projects (well, after Ghost Blade that is).

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?p=986633#p986633