#10: Dreamcast Connects Console Gamers

http://www.gamespy.com/articles/july03/25smartest/index17.shtml

Lunar Eclipse
rank 9
Posted:
Sat Jul 26, 2003 8:56 am
quote : #2
profile : pm
I'm glad SEGA finally got some recognition for their innovation with DC.
Posted:
Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:12 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
First let me say...its GREAT that they did recognize the dreamcast. However this entire top 25 is a shame.(A few people here probobly knew I would say this.)

#2 is Playstation? Playstation was the second smartest moment in gaming? I'm sorry gamespy....are you talking about....smartest "marketing moments" or smartest "gaming moments"?

They have something as low profit as the dreamcast calling it an "influence" on gaming. Playstation 1 was a success as far as sales go, however as far as GAMING is concerned it was hardly smart. I mean, how many Playstation 1 games are you playing right now? Its not like PS1 has this stack of classic games that make it an innovative gaming system.

Then they pick EA sports and Madden? MADDEN is a smart moment in gaming get the fuck out of here GameSpy, I spit on you.

Then they have as #23 1993: Namco and Sega Bring Arcades Home bringing soul salibure and fzero into your home console is a top 25 moment in gaming smartness? I"M SORRY......maybe these idiots are forgetting.....no no no they couldn't forget cause if these people were really GAMERS, they would realize the error of their ways. A system and a generation not even included in the top 25. SNK NEO-GEO home console system. THIS SYSTEM BROUGHT THE ARCADE INTO YOUR HOME!!!!! Not ports, not conversions, direct arcade carts, carbon copies of SNK arcade games. They didn't even include neo-geo or SNK anywhere in the top 25.

Anyways the article has nothing to do with gaming smartness, or even marketing smartness. Its more like top 25 semi random moments in gaming. And was written by casual gamers, and all the responses were so typically commercial and suspecting of n00b gamers.

But i do agknowledge that non-the less the fact that in their "randomness" they did happen to select the Dreamcast and online gaming, which is cool.
Posted:
Thu Jan 08, 2004 8:45 pm
quote : #4
nicely put nikon
Posted:
Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:08 pm
quote : #5
it reminds of the gamestore where those idiots that dont know shit about dreamcast tell me before i buy it in dec 2002 that no DC games are online and the servers are down so u cant surf the web. wtf, i can always surf the web. also, in dec 2002 there were still seganet subscriptions (which just became free) and like 40 games online i think. also about madden, i dont know why they credit shit to this because its not a smart move but on G4 which my friend gets, its like an advertisement for this game. that site is practically all adverisements and when they dissed PSO i was like "no u didnt biatch" then i bitch slapped them to china aka turning teh channel
Posted:
Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:41 pm
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U
this reminds me of a show i just saw yesterday on MTV that counted down the top ten games of the millenium... i was just channel surfing so i decided to watch it, even tho i knew what i was in for. well... it was hosted from some jag off from egm, surrounded by arcade games from the 80's, and it had neat interviews from some of the game creators and some other idiots from egm... and well... they should have called it "ps2's must have games." because not only were 99% of the games ON the PS2, but 99% of the games were NO OLDER than the PS2... tho they did have the mario and zelda SERIES as top picks, so that sorta counts as older games, even tho they only talked about mario sunshine and wind waker... *sigh* i'm not even going to begin to rant on this... but according to that show, anything that came before the PS2 is crap... guess we all just wasted years playing stupid games. PS2 is our savior! *ugh*

Na'Ryan[UK]
rank 6
Posted:
Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:56 pm
quote : #7
Only good thing I have to say about a Playstation is the PS1 gave me a nice 1 week stay in hospital and the PS2 gave me a nice 4 day stay in hospital.

No other games console has effected my epilepsy like that!!!

Scratch that the only good Playstation is the one left on the shelf Laughing
Just my 2p worth Smile

Metal_4evr
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:30 pm
quote : #8
Hey , hey hey, the PS1 wasn't all bad. For example Metal Gear Solid and the Grand Turismo series. What about FF7? It had alot of good 2d rpgs too like Suikoden etc.

DaMan
rank 28
Posted:
Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:12 pm
quote : #9
Type: NTSC-U/C
To be fair to EGM , the show was based off of a internet survey even though I didnt receive the issue until the show had come and gone.
OrochiSonic
rank 8
Posted:
Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:52 am
quote : #10
Uggh, I tend to try and steer clear from any top games/moments list from any mainstream current medium. I saw that egm list and all it does it make me sad that this is the curren state of videogames.

Then I wonder. How the hell can games like madden 2004 sell so well? There's like a million sports games released every year. I don't know anyone who buys that shit. Where do these people come from? Shocked
Posted:
Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:40 am
quote : #11
I could see why they stuck the original Madden game in there.
I'm not a huge sports fan, but it was the first sports game to really hit it big.