Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:29 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
List your favorite Capcom Fighter on the Dreamcast, and your favorite SNK fighter. Then pit them head-to-head and determine which is favorite between the two! (note: CVS and CVS2 = capcom developed fighters)

Capcom Fighting Titles to choose from:

• Super Street Fighter IIX
  • Street Fighter Alpha 3
  • Street Fighter III Double Impact
  • Street Fighter III Third Strike
  • Capcom vs SNK / Capcom vs SNK Pro
  • Capcom vs SNK 2
  • Marvel vs Capcom
  • Marvel vs Capcom 2
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
  • Vampire Chronicles

SNK Fighting Titles to Choose from:

• Garou Mark of the Wolves
  • The Last Blade 2
  • The King of Fighters Dreammatch 1999 (KOF 98')
  • The King of Fighters Evolution 99
  • The king of Fighters 2000
  • The King of Fighters 2001
  • The King of Fighters 2002

For Capcom, this was a hard one. Third Strike is a phenominal game, and CVS2 is top calibur as well. However My favorite Capcom fighter on the Dreamcast would have to be Capcom vs SNK Pro (NTSC-J). I have always been more of an SNK fan, so it is a bit 1 sided for me. The ability to bounce back and forth between Capcom and SNK's roster is such a great combindation. The backgrounds in this game are incredible. I like CVS over the sequel because it has 2D backgrounds and comes off as a more complete experience for me.

For SNK it would have to be Garou Mark of the Wolves. The attacks are so hard hitting in that game, and the char animations are incredibly fluid. I tend to graviate towards lighter feeling chars, usually female (like Nakoruru in Samurai Shodown), and Hotaru Futaba in Garou is such a great character in that regard. Executing her supers feels great and I love her swooping upward blue blast kick. Plus, how about that soundtrack? Great stuff.

If I had to pick just one? Garou Mark of the Wolves Smile
Posted:
Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:41 am
quote : #2
I'd definitely go with Marvel vs Capcom 2. Unlocking the characters and the button friendly controls I feel made this one a keeper. For all those people that like battle royals power stone 2 is good as well. Even thought the screen gets hectic at times.

Wargo
rank 8
Posted:
Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:43 am
quote : #3
Ouch my bad. I didn't mean to include 3d fighter.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:38 pm
quote : #4
Its cool. If this thread goes well, maybe we can do this again for 3D fighters Wink

What is your favorite SNK fighter though? I am assuming MVC2 wins out over it though since you mentioned it first. However still curious as to which SNK fighter you like best on the DC.
Posted:
Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:48 pm
quote : #5
Mark of the Wolves is pretty good. I always thought the King of Fighters 99 would be a good purchase if only because it interacted with the Neo Geo Pocket Color but I've never landed that handheld to test the connectivity between the two. SNK makes alot of good fighting games. I just grew up with the Capcom guys a little more.

loki101
rank 6
Posted:
Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:02 am
quote : #6
i got them all but i rather king of fighters 2k1 it is the best to me cause yuri has a raging demon to mock streetfighter's akuma lol plus its the only game adam sesler can't beat then gave it a 2 out of five cause lovable ignas was whooping that ass Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil