Page Location: Home > Classic Sega > Topic
Wargo
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:45 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I was glancing at a knock off of the game gear hardware and was curious what people experiences were with Sega's portable. I had the game gear when it came out. I played quit a few good games on it before it tuckered out. World series baseball. Sonic. Xmen series. I really loved my nomad which was a portable genesis with av output. Any comments or likewise feedback?

Einhander
rank 20
Posted:
Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:44 am
quote : #2
I had a Nomad way back in high school (a little over ten years ago), I had picked it up from a yard sale from someone that didn't know how rare they were.

It was such a trip for me, to be able to play Genesis games... anywhere. I didn't really go to a lot of places back then, but just being able to play home console games while laying on my bed was a riot.

I used to bring it to school and play games during my lunchbreak, sometimes with an extra controller so my friends and I could play two player games (although it was pretty awkward). I didn't have a battery pack for it, so I'd have to lug around one of those giant MK-2103 Genesis AC Adapters as well. Pull it out of my locker, grab a cartridge or two, throw them in the ridiculously huge pockets in my cargo pants, and away I went. The Genesis Six Pack got a lot of play, since then I'd have six games to choose from if I didn't feel like carrying a bunch of carts around, or Phantasy Star II, which I played a lot of. Once or twice I'd build the ol' Genesis "Tower of Power" with Sonic and Knuckles/Sonic 2 or 3 as well, just for kicks.

Things went on in this fashion until I dropped it in the hallway one day, and the concrete floor shattered the LCD screen. I was devastated.

I've thought about keeping an eye out and maybe getting another one someday, but to be honest these days if I'm going to play Genesis games away from my actual Genesis than I just end up using my PSP.

Still though, I have a lot of good memories from that little machine.

Wargo
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:43 pm
quote : #3
I few years back I got a nomad. I loved having the ability to take the genesis everywhere I went. However the batteries went to fast unfortunately so I never took great advantage of it. I loved being able to take Street Fighter with me and play it faithfully with the six button.