profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
http://www.mechadamashii.com/reviews/review-frame-gride-610-2/
Posted:
Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:19 am
quote : #2
Wasn't this game supposed to be released in the US back around the time the Dreamcast launched or shortly thereafter?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:16 am
quote : #3
I don't think so. IGN at the time would actually lie every single week that some import they were covering might come to the US. Every article had this at the footer, stating "Maybe it will come to the US?" or "Sega might be bringing this to the US."

Here in their feature they say:

http://www.ign.com/articles/1999/07/17/frame-gride

"...a means of locking onto a target is a necessity for the game's American version."

and

"...here's hoping... that we see it hear in the states in the near future." (truncated)

When I was archiving the articles from the DC section of IGN a few years back, I saw this type of stuff on almost every post. They could cover import games, but then laden them with this type of commentary. I guess to make the posts seem relevant for the western audience or to draw them in.
Posted:
Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:08 am
quote : #4
I did see something mentioned in the Official Sega Dreamcast Magazines I think. Well, with issue 0 stating Frame Grid was at the Tokyo game show but that's about it. However, then in issue 1 there is a small blurb that states:

"Sega is evaluating (starting, surely, with the name) the Japanese robot fighting game Frame Gride for possible domestic release next year. Highlights are customizable robots and lush organic arenas." - Official Sega Dreamcast Magazine #1 page 15

Not sure if its mentioned any more, but I'm going through the magazines now as I acquired them all. Interesting to look back at what was happening in Dreamcast then.