Page 1 of 1
Wargo
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:40 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Just curious if the series what ever planned for the dc. I played some of the Saturn game demos and they seemed fantastic.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:54 am
quote : #2
Panzer Dragoon was developed by "Team Andromeda", a first party division of Sega during the Saturn era. This team was disbanded following the Saturn's fade from the industry and part of the staff folded into Smiltebit (Jet Grind Radio). Smilebit was working on a game for the Dreamcast called Gunvalkyrie that reflected some similar artistic styles to Panzer Dragoon. This game was eventually released on the Xbox, but there was footage of the game running on the Dreamcast. While Panzer Dragoon OIrta was developed by Smilebit and eventually released on the Xbox, there is no record of it being developed for the Dreamcast. I think it can be assumed that a Panzer Dragoon game would have eventually been developed and released for the Dreamcast. Whether that would have been Orta is up for debate and speculation.

But lets keep this discussion mostly focused on the Sega Saturn and its Panzer Dragoon games, which I feel embue the overal style of the Panzer Dragoon world the best. The texture renduring and the overal tone of the graphics on the Saturn versions lend themselves well to the concept art and ancient apocolyptic world of Panzer Dragoon.

If you have only played the Demo's so far, I highly recommend picking up Panzer Dragoon 1 and 2 as soon as you can. You will gain a whole new appreciation for not only the Saturn hardware but the creative team that conceptualized such an engrossing and artistically rich universe. Panzer Dragoon Saga, the 25-30 hour epic RPG, is actually one of my favorite video games of all time.

Run Panzer Dragoon 1 and 2 on actual Saturn hardware if you can. Saga however, is extremely expensive. Play it any way you can. Most likely via an emulator, which does require a decent machine considering the complexity of emulating the Sega Saturn's dual processor architecture.
Posted:
Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:49 pm
quote : #3
Yeah I often remember the ports of certain games off the PlayStation has trouble running off the dual nature of the Saturn. The Panzer Dragon games easily had some of the best graphics of the Saturn. I know a lot of the games at least the 3d games haven't aged as well as there 2d counterparts. What would you recommend to the Saturn video output wise? I have a PSone wi h the LCD screen for the simple fact it looks ugly on a flat screen. How many games were in the series?

willis
rank 5
Posted:
Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:07 am
quote : #4
Wargo wrote:
... How many games were in the series?

Not sure if I'm digging up an old thread, or if this post will find its way to you. There were 3 games for the Saturn -> 1, 2, and Saga. Then they release one on the original xbox call Panzer Dragoon Orta