Page Location: Home > Support > PC-DC Server > Topic
DeweyTheCowboy
rank 4
Posted:
Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:31 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
i was wondering if i could use an adaptor to switch the telephone cable from my dreamcast into an ethernet cable which would then plug into my pc and then i would setup my pc-dc connection

im kind of 13 and have no money so im trying to set this up as cheaply as possible

Thanks,
L
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:37 pm
quote : #2
This process is what the PC-DC server is for. It is the "adapter", which involves:

Dreamcast > Phone Cable > 56k Serial Modem > Serial Cable > PC > Linux > Local Network > Internet

So it will take some money.

The concept of there being a small cheap little adapter that would magically convert dialup to broadband isn't available. Even if there was a device small enough to be considered an adapter, its still going to approach half the cost of a BBA at least due to the tech that would need to be in it. The linkages that you see above are still needed.

You will need a minimum of 40 bucks to get components to setup a PCDC server. To avoid wasting money on the wrong components, i recommend building your shopping list asking us if you have selected the right parts.
Posted:
Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:19 am
quote : #3
alright, it sucks that there isnt a way to do this without any aditional hardware(i have an assload of computer components, cables, and software),but whatever.