Joypadbar
rank 2
Posted:
Tue May 12, 2015 11:11 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Hello,

I'm new here and looking to get my Dreamcast back online!

I have a PAL dreamcast and have acquired a BBA.

I need a little bit of help with what disc I should use for setting up the BBA, so far it seems I should get XDP, but where can I get a copy of that from?

Thanks Smile

Joypadbar
rank 2
Posted:
Tue May 12, 2015 2:00 pm
quote : #2
Slight update on this.... I've downloaded XDP LE R4, however i'm having trouble getting it to burn to a disc and getting the dreamcast to read it.

The Cdi file I have is 810.8MB - obviously too big for a 700mb disc. I know this has something to do with what programme you use to burn the disc, but not exactly sure what that is...

I suppose what I need to know is what programme do I use to get this file to a disc that the DC will read? I'm also a Mac user, so can't use PC software.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue May 12, 2015 6:19 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
The two main applications for burning Dreamcast games are Padus Disc Juggler which burns cdi files, and Alcohol 120%. Sometimes Nero will work as well. I have no experience doing these tasks on a Mac. A lot of work over the years on Dreamcast homebrew has been done on Windows.
Posted:
Thu May 21, 2015 5:58 pm
quote : #4
Hi, thanks for the advice, I got a friend of mine to burn me a copy of XDP on his PC so i'm now setup and online!! I really want to play PSO V.2!!!

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu May 21, 2015 10:35 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
Awesome. Were you able to connect to the web with your BBA?
Posted:
Thu May 28, 2015 7:08 am
quote : #6
Yep Smile I am able to go online!! I'm really looking forward to playing PSO again online for the first time in over 10 years! I loved this game when it came out! Sadly my dc died so my save files are useless... but i'm starting a new character to lvl up offline Smile