Page 1 of 1
Dalore
rank 10
Posted:
Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:58 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
I'm planning to do another play through, starting early next week. I'll log my progress and experiences here, it'll be great if others were able to do the same.

It's going to be good knowing another instalment is coming, last time I attempted I&II it was with little hope that we'd see a conclusion.

gRimGrAvY014
rank 27
Posted:
Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:36 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
With the recent events regarding the series, that's a great idea. I'm not sure I could join you, but I'd love to see your progress!

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:36 am
quote : #3
I plan on playing through Shenmue 1 and 2 from start to finish.
Posted:
Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:34 am
quote : #4
Type: PAL
Well I've made a start, and it's good to be back in Shenmue.

This time through I'm playing on a more modern setup, a 42 inch flatscreen with the Dreamcast connected via VGA, and what a difference. The game looks so crisp and fresh with rich colours. I definitely advise anyone thinking about starting off a play through to go the VGA route. Coupled with my headphones the enhanced graphics have really added to the cinematic nature of the game, having the right setup just draws you in all the more in my opinion.

Progress wise I'm still in Dobuita, but I've moved on from looking for Sailors to looking for Charlie, now it seems I need a tattooist. But I'm not in a rush, this time I'm taking my time where I can, practicing Ryo's moves regularly, but still enjoying a game of Hang-On, blimey that attract mode music really captures the sound of real-life arcades for me.

Anyway forget the tattooist I seem to remember I need a sword guard for that dojo puzzle, ahh so many good things to look forward to discovering once more.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:16 am
quote : #5
Giantbomb is doing an Endurance run of Shenmue playing through the entire game from start to finish.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/endurance-run-shenmue-part-01/2300-11534/