lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:00 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Dan12343 wrote:
Also but semi-unrelated; Public chat does not work on planetweb 2.0 IRC client on freenode server. Only direct message using '/msg'. Is that another issue of advanced server on old client? I haven't tested 2.6 or 3.0

Servers you might want to test out include:

Freenode
EFNet
QuakeNET

Planetweb 1.0 through 3.0 has an IRC client.
Dream Passport browsers also have an IRC client, but its a little trickier to use last time I used it, as it was for ch@b. I need to look again.
Posted:
Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:13 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U
Quote:
Dream Passport browsers also have an IRC client, but its a little trickier to use last time I used it, as it was for ch@b. I need to look again

Yeah you need to input the server address then manually join the sub-room in the server. Plus on xdp the keyboard is jpn by default when you type, so its kind of annoying to change to US every time you type. I prefer PW overall, but public chat works on xdp. Not sure about other versions of passport

My main DC is in the middle of being modded. So when i finish that i'll be able to test. I'll have to test the modified planetweb 2.6 on the xdp disc also

Dan12343
rank 6
Posted:
Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:04 pm
quote : #3
What would the proper link to get to a server on quakenet and efnet? For example the proper link for a freenode server is pwchat://irc.freenode.net:6667/#channel

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:06 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
That format should be correct. You just have to choose a working IRC server.

For instance, here are a list of available EFNet servers: http://www.efnet.org/?module=servers

Also, try just connecting to the network without the channel. Once you gain access, do: /join #channel

As the Dreamcast IRC client only has one window, this would be best as you can first see if the connection is successful, and then try connecting to a channel.
Posted:
Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:22 pm
quote : #5
I'll test in an hour or so and reply the results. Hopefully there's a working/compatible server and I can figure out the proper links

Dan12343
rank 6
Posted:
Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:00 pm
quote : #6
pwchat://irc.efnet.org:6667/#dreamcast works on planetweb 2.0. Tested 2.6 but nothing happened it just said joining server then nothing. Tried quakenet on planetweb 2.0 and it didn't show the online list, on 2.6 same thing. Didn't test 3.0 since i don't have the gd and a stable image isn't available yet. I know someones working on an updated/customized one