Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
Green Ranger
rank 4
Posted:
Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:50 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hello everyone, my name is Green Ranger and I'm currently working on a project to mod Dead Or Alive 2. I had made two previous releases some years ago, with "Dead Or Alive 2- Ultimate Edition" being the last one. Both previous releases had some costume mods, new music and some new dialogue text for the characters.

That was then, and this is now. I plan on releasing a huge update which will be my final DOA2 release. Titled "Dead Or Alive 2: Final", this mod has-

1) FAR more unique custom character costumes
2) New altered dialogue to give characters new storylines
3) New music for various stages
4) Different stage layouts for characters to fight through via story mode
5) Character stances from DOA3 applied to certain characters
6) And more...

Here are some screenshots of the mod in action-

New Title Screen

Jan Lee sporting a Dreamcast Shirt

Tina in her new Spider-Woman costume

Bass is now the Nemesis from Resident Evil 3

The Bunny from Zack's Scenario now playable and Helena in her Opera dress

Lei Fang in her Tomb Raider Outfit

Helena's new custom costume

Kasumi in a brand new bathing suit

You can view my Youtube channel to see some videos of varying progress I've made- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEzvJ7EUnt1KcXD0n-ItpTg . Note that with the costume videos, I've actually gone back and tweaked those costumes recently so they look a lot better now. The teaser trailer I posted last year (and the above screenshots) gives a good representation of what to expect.

Let me know if you like what you see so far, or if you have any questions. Once this project is released, I'm also hoping to gain the assistance/advice from this forum to help me in another project I'm looking to get back into.

Thanks for your time. Smile

Last edited by Green Ranger on Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

NibelheimPromise
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:50 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
This is fun stuff, Green!
Posted:
Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:14 pm
quote : #3
Glad you're liking the screenshots NibelheimPromise! This thread hadn't received a single reply in nearly 3 months so I thought there was simply no interest in this project. Laughing

NibelheimPromise
rank 11
Posted:
Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:38 am
quote : #4
I'm definitely interested, as DoA2 is one of my favorite 3D fighters! I really dig Kasumi's new bathing suit especially. I have to be honest though, I was mostly hoping to see Lei Fang, with her Tomb Raider outfit, in action on a video over at your YouTube channel. Any possibility of putting up something with her in it?
Posted:
Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:13 pm
quote : #5
NibelheimPromise wrote:
I'm definitely interested, as DoA2 is one of my favorite 3D fighters! I really dig Kasumi's new bathing suit especially. I have to be honest though, I was mostly hoping to see Lei Fang, with her Tomb Raider outfit, in action on a video over at your YouTube channel. Any possibility of putting up something with her in it?

Ah you must've missed it, there's already a video of her in action on my page- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYWc2djRXJQ

NibelheimPromise
rank 11
Posted:
Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:18 pm
quote : #6
Gah, how'd I miss this?!

Anyway, loving the Tomb Raider outfit! Keep up the good work!
Posted:
Mon May 18, 2015 1:27 am
quote : #7
This is the first time I learn about this project, where can I get more info about it? Bass looks really funny with Nemesis' lip-less grin Laughing
Posted:
Thu May 21, 2015 5:38 am
quote : #8
These changes look great! Well done! Cool

Green Ranger
rank 4
Posted:
Sun May 24, 2015 6:49 pm
quote : #9
Kannibal wrote:
This is the first time I learn about this project, where can I get more info about it? Bass looks really funny with Nemesis' lip-less grin Laughing

I hope to release the mod this Summer, so you'll soon be able to play it. You can take a look at my YouTube page for videos on some of my progress, or if you wanted to look at some tutorials myself and fellow hacker dee4doa have written, let me know.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun May 24, 2015 7:19 pm
quote : #10
Hey Green Ranger, did you improve the spider woman suit? The texture us pretty low res in the shot above.
Posted:
Sun May 24, 2015 10:01 pm
quote : #11
lordnikon wrote:
Hey Green Ranger, did you improve the spider woman suit? The texture us pretty low res in the shot above.

It's been a while since I've looked over the Spider-Woman costume but depending on where the textures are placed on a character model, the game automatically renders them low res. If you take a look at the game's textures in an unaltered version of DOA2 Limited Edition for instance, you'll notice some areas that are low res too. Do not know how to avoid this but I'll take a look at TIna's outfit again to see if there's anything I can do to at least mask it. When the game is in motion though I doubt the low res look will be much of a bother. Smile

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun May 24, 2015 10:12 pm
quote : #12
The spider texture sort of hurts the mod given how blurry it comes off. I still really like the spider woman idea though as the mask looks simply great. Maybe try moving the spider to the chest? I realize this might not work with how the texture mapping applies to that area but worth a shot.
Posted:
Mon May 25, 2015 4:47 am
quote : #13
Green Ranger wrote:
Kannibal wrote:

I hope to release the mod this Summer, so you'll soon be able to play it. You can take a look at my YouTube page for videos on some of my progress, or if you wanted to look at some tutorials myself and fellow hacker dee4doa have written, let me know.

Ah ok thanks, I will keep an eye on the project by subscribing to your channel then.
Posted:
Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:02 pm
quote : #14
It's out! -
http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7562