Page Location: Home > General Online > Topic
Starwalker
rank 14
Posted:
Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:29 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Since there’s no Toy Racer section in the forum, I decided to post this on the General Online to see how many people owns the game and what you think about it.

If you are interested in some online play, head over to the Game Organization forum, or use this link:
http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10394

I posted 1 week ago in the Game Organization forum to see who was up for some Toy Racer online meets. But no one replied yet. Probably that forum is not very visible because posting there it doesn’t show a “new!” alert information for people to see that someone posted something new.

My opinion about Toy Racer:

Even though it’s a very limited game offline, because there’s no AI controlled cars and only 4 tracks, I think it can be fun online or in split-screen with at least 3 people. There’s a nice variety of vehicles and a good range of weapons, boosts and items to pick and it controls very well. Graphics are just decent and the tracks are not very detailed but they accomplish their goal and there are some nice design ideas like the gravity-changing ramps that allow to use the ceiling…Music and sound are just ok. Since Toy Racer can be played online again (after many years off) using both modem and broadband adaptor it adds a lot for the value of the game, and so it makes it really worth it to own it and give it a try sometimes online.
rank 5
Posted:
Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:31 am
quote : #2
Hey there, not a lot of people pay attention here all the time these days, possibly try dreamcast-talk.com to find about this skype group there is nice to find people sometimes. I'm sure once the dreampi and dreamcast now picks up a little bit more people will play regularly =)
I have played toy racer online its a goofy game but it is fun online with 4 people =)
Wish more people were around here more often.
http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/72.211.158.34:27960/
mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:56 am
quote : #3
Type: PAL
I bought it a few years ago when I was going through a "oooo - this used to be Online" phase. Fun little game, but nothing amazing.

When I get a chance to look into Dreampi properly - I'll definitely give this one a go!
rank 27
Posted:
Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:54 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
I'd be interested in playing a match. I bought it once it came back online and haven't actually played it online yet Embarassed