Type: NTSC-U/C
6-10.

amcdc79
rank 10
Posted:
Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:20 am
quote : #32
profile : pm
6-Sonic Shuffle 7.9/10-made by the same folks(Hudson) that made the Mario Party games, with fine cell-shaded graphics, lots of mini-games, and if you have played the MP games, you'll feel right at home. Load times have come under fire, but I never really noticed having to wait very long. A good game with it's Achilles heel being, the AI cheats all of the time. In Battles, they know what cards you have, they steal your best card, and almost always land on the Precious Stone square first chance they get. Very tough at first, but shines with 3 friends along for the ride.

7-Blue Stinger-7.5/10-like TimeStalkers, a love it(50%) hate it(75%) game with great graphics, wild camera, 3 difficulty levels, a bit of backtracking, the swimming controls are brutal(thankfully not used very often), music is catchy, story is quite good, game is fairly short but there is a replay factor in unlocking all of the cheats. If you can get past the wonky camera, there is a lot of fun to be had.

8-Snow Surfers/Rippin' Riders-6.8/10-a great looking snowboard game with a broken control scheme for doing tricks. You have to charge up to do tricks by holding down the" A" button, all the while being unable to turn. The regular downhill controls are okay, only five(but long and well designed)levels, with two Super Pipe courses means little replay value.

9-Illbleed-8.4/10-a very unique, very scary and underrated horror game with different endings and characters to unlock. Many ways to die, the combat controls do have issues, the camera at times can be a problem, but those who have a strong stomach will be rewarded with a fine game.

10-Metropolis Street Racing-9.8/10-brilliant, one of the best DC racers, looks great, wonderful soundtrack, tough, but supposedly easier if you disable the abs. A great reason for buying a Dreamcast in the first place, even once you get used to the skill and style Kudos system of scoring, be prepared for many hours of playtime to complete it.

amcdc79
rank 10
Posted:
Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:34 pm
quote : #33
11-Shenmue-9.1/10-a beautiful masterpiece, overlooked by the gaming masses. The detail that went into making the game a living and breathing experience is truly astonishing. Every character is unique, no expense spared on the soundtrack, unfortunately it wasn't the system seller Sega hoped it would be, but a great game none the less.

Another review of Shenmue,

7/10

And I'm being generous, btw.

The game plays like an overblown tech demo with the beginnings of a game somewhere in there - a prototype, of sorts. For an adventure game (and Shenmue is an adventure game), the mystery is simplistic enough, but the execution of Ryo's attempts to decipher that mystery (the identity of who killed his father) is not pulled off as well as it could have and should have been. It's an unfocused investigation, Ryo's monotone and monotonous questions about the "black car, on that day" to the contrary. Very few of the characters are actually interesting, or even offer any interesting information, and the investigation doesn't actually pick up until just before the fight in the arcade. Then, of course, the game dies down again when at the docks, only to pick up toward the end of the game as a whole.

For you newcomers to the DC board: This is not a joke, not a bait post. This is my honest assessment of the game, and my views on the first Shenmue being quite a deal harsher than most posters on this board are quite known. I still think the game is worth playing, if only to satisfy curiosity and as a historical artifact of sorts, but it is not a great game, nor a very good game. It has the makings of being something special, here and there, and those are the things that make the foundation of the far superior sequel.

And the sequel is far, far superior.

amcdc79
rank 10
Posted:
Tue May 21, 2013 2:16 pm
quote : #34
A couple of updates

Have taken Crazy Taxi 2 off as it was ported(not very well) to PSP along with Crazy Taxi

Added- Gakkyuou Yamazaki: Yamazaki Oukoku Oofun Araso by Sega, a party game?

and Sturmwind

The next is;

12-LOL Lack Of Love(Japan only)-8.1/10
An unique puzzle/adventure game, with fine music, nice graphics and no text or talking at all in the game. The controls are fairly simple, and there is a faqs on this site for those who need help. I have not got that far into the game, so if there is someone who has finished it, maybe they could add their experiences with this game.

Another fine opinion,

L.O.L gets a 9/10. An absolutely unsung masterpiece of a game that was sadly never localized. The FAQ is not so much needed as basic instructions, as the game is pretty clear as to what puzzles need to be solved, and how to do it (evolve forms, get new abilities). What takes it to the high score is how it all comes together as an experience. What appears to be a game about a little creature you control is actually one with a far larger message, one that is pushed with the very few, very short, cutscenes in the game that bring the player right into gameplay.

Music is brilliant in its minimalism. It doesn't try to overpower, and simply works to convey the feeling that the game, overall, is trying to convey. Similarly, the graphics work to that end as well: this is not a polygon pushing game, but the somewhat simplistic graphics are quite lush, with great use of color and an expert usage of the few graphical effects the game employs. Rain feels like rain, even though the effect used is in no way intensive or indicative of programming mastery. Instead, it is artistic mastery, conveying the "feel" of rain in much the same way a good photo or painting would.

I know I'm making this sound a bit pretentious, perhaps, but I'm really searching for words to really describe the overall experience, and can't help but fall into the trap of overly flowery language. L.O.L is just one of those games best experienced, not described, and one of the few games I can point at and say "yeah...that's a game that moves the medium forward in ways that matter".

amcdc79
rank 10
Posted:
Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:34 pm
quote : #35
A few updates;
have taken off
Cleopatra Fortune (PS2) and Daytona USA(PSN & Live)

added
Virtua Athlete 2000
Pachi-Slot Teioo Dream Slot Olympia SP.
O.TO.I. RE Dreamcast Sequencer (PC?) Playable in English?
Pachinko No Dendo CR Nanasy
Ouka Houshin

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:18 am
quote : #36
Daytona USA for the Dreamcast is "Daytona USA 2001". This is a console only remake of Daytona USA for the Dreamcast hardware. It is not the same as the arcade game, and the emulated ports being released as of late on other systems are enhanced versions of the Model 2 arcade game. Until they port the exact version that is on the Dreamcast, then it remains DC exclusive.

(For future reference, we should break this thread into 2 forks. One for just game tracking as per the original topic, and then another to focus on reviews. Not sure what to do about the reviews you have been writing amcdc79. Maybe another forum is needed where users can post reviews? We can figure this out later though. Feel free to just keep doing what you are doing and we can figure out how to break things out later. Just nothing this as something to think about.)
Posted:
Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:09 pm
quote : #37
Have added that Classic DC game Soul Fighter Rolling Eyes

There is a series of Net Versus games released in Japan, that you could play on the internet. Not sure if they were playable by non Japanese players.

They are;

Net Versus Reversi
Net Versus Hanafuda
Net Versus Chess
Net Versus Renju Gomoku Narabe
Net Versus Igo
Net Versus Shogi
Net Versus Mahjong

I will add them to the unplayable Japanese list, unless someone knows otherwise.

amcdc79
rank 10
Posted:
Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:32 am
quote : #38
Have finally taken off Tokyo Extreme Racer 2 , and added the games mentioned above.

We can also add two more games I'm sure most of you have played Wink

Tako no Marine (Japan)
Seirai Hata Rayblade (Japan)

amcdc79
rank 10
Posted:
Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:28 pm
quote : #39
Moved Sega GT to the PC section.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:23 pm
quote : #40
Move Aero Wings 2 to the PC section. It was released on the PC in Japan (Aero Dancing F). I own it on the PC Smile
Posted:
Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:05 pm
quote : #41
Thanks for the heads up Nikon, done.

amcdc79
rank 10
Posted:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:07 pm
quote : #42
Added Millennium Racer Y2K Fighter to the PC section. Not much has changed lately.

amcdc79
rank 10
Posted:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:52 pm
quote : #43
Almost January 1st 2019, not much has changed on the lists. Two games taken off, due to being released on other consoles, were Shenmue and Zero Gunner 2, both very good Dreamcast games. May they be enjoyed by the new gamers, and the ones that missed out on the DC.

gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:41 pm
quote : #44
mcmonkey wrote:
I'm fairly sure crazy taxi 2 had a ps2 release.

edit: I apear to be wrong. False alarm!
maybe not ps2, but it was released for psp
Posted:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:58 pm
quote : #45
Street Fighter III Double Impact is no longer exclusive. New Generations and Second Impact were on the most recent Street Fighter collection.