Topic: Server source code is out :)

Page 1 of 1
Xiden
rank 5
Posted:
Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:46 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
As promised shu has released all the server source code. Feel free to preserve this for future dc gamers Smile

http://www.dreamcastlive.net/mobile/server-software.html

gRimGrAvY014
rank 27
Posted:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:49 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Now this is what we've been waiting for, this is great news Very Happy

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:03 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Thanks for the update Xiden. OC has been around since 2003, and we lived through all of the shutdowns that took place in 2003 and beyond, especially games like Bomberman Online, Outtrigger, and Ooga Booga. Some Dreamcast Online players lived through earlier shutdowns in 2001-2002. 1 by 1 they went offline and while it has been super cool to see games like Chu Chu Rocket be restored, it has been hard for some of us OC vets to get excited because (as we have seen in the past)... things come and go.

There were multiple re-coded rankings pages for Test Drive LeMans, F355 Challenge, and a few other Dreamcast games which the community never released.

Even over at the PS2 side of things, servers for games like Twisted Metal Black Online, Metal Gear Solid 3 Substance, and Resident Evil Outbreak had been written by the community but not released. I could go play MGS3, but who wants to live through yet another shutdown. Its definatly hard to make the leap to release a binary, or at best the source code. Thanks to Shouma for sticking to his word.

I have a lot of backlogged work to do here at OC. So expect some updates at the site soon.
Posted:
Wed May 03, 2017 5:24 pm
quote : #4
Few more items have been added + wikidot with detailed info