Page 1 of 1
depprussell
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:01 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hi,

I recently got a new PC with Windows 7, an Intel Core i5-2500K CPU @3.30 GHz 3.60 GHz processor, with 4 GB Ram and an AMD Radeon HD 6670 graphics card, with a default resolution of 1920 x 1080. When I open up Quake III, the screen is black, which probably has to do with my res, so I just made it go to window mode / reduced resolution and things seem fine. It works great for a little while when running around a map, but about one minute or so in it freezes. And I'm not talking about a small, typical freeze - this is a hardcore, restart-your-computer freeze. I try the usual CTRL+ALT+DELETE and go to task manager but can't use it because my cursor is stuck inside the game window, so I'm forced to restart manually.Most likely this has to do with Windows 7. I have also bought a solid-state drive to go with the MyBook drive Quake III is already on, but it's highly unlikely to think installing a drive would have an effect on another. I looked online for solutions but to no success. Like I said I can open the game and run it, it just crashes later on. Perhaps it could also be due to the high resolution?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
https://www.quake3world.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=47108
Product animation studio

Thanks!