Topic: LED Modding....

Page 1 of 1
MeltedIce
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:03 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Im thinking about doing that to the Dreamcast's little Orange Triangle LED that shows the power is on. I heard that all it is, is an LED light that shines the light through transparent colored paper. Im going to make it blue Smile

2kool4skool
rank 4
Posted:
Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:27 pm
quote : #2
no no no no no! sorry bud, but you got it all wrong. i too wanted to change the color of the light and i did. but its not what you think. the led itself is orange, there is no colored paper or colored anything, just clear. in order to get another colored light there, you gotta get a new led of a different color. mine is green. if you go to http://www.magickcupboard.com/Skankhair/ and click on the tuturials and link part, then click the "led swap" and youll find instructions on how to do it all. oh and while your there check all the cutom dc's, they're sweet. all ive done to mine so far is the green led in the front and another green one in the fan and it shines out vents. i plan on doin more, but good luck with yours and let us know how it goes.

MeltedIce
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:42 pm
quote : #3
Thanks man, phewww. Does the defualt orange LED pop out and another one just plugs in? Or does it require soidering? And do you know where I can get LED lights? That fan LED sounds sweet as hell. Im gonna go for it. Thanks I will post my reports after im done.

MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:58 pm
quote : #4
i wanna make mine blue also. thanks for the link man.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
darkooga
rank 19
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:03 am
quote : #5
me too
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:33 am
quote : #6
The black dreamcasts are soooo cooool!
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:02 am
quote : #7
see through green looks cool too my shop sell dc shells and yellow looks good too!

2kool4skool
rank 4
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:19 pm
quote : #8
MeltedIce wrote:
Thanks man, phewww. Does the defualt orange LED pop out and another one just plugs in? Or does it require soidering? And do you know where I can get LED lights? That fan LED sounds sweet as hell. Im gonna go for it. Thanks I will post my reports after im done.

well buddy, its not as easy as just poppin one out and one in, so yes it does require some soldering. but if you just follow the directions on the site i showed you, it should not be a problem at all. it only takes like 5 minutes. your best bet at finding the led's is radio shack (hopefully you have one near by). you can pick up two lights for under three dollars, just make sure you get the right powered ones. if you get some that take too much power you could fry your system. i dont remember what the power you need is, but its also on that site. now theres no instructions on the fan light anywhere so when you get to that point just ask me and ill be glad to post instructions on that. oh and another place you could put an led is in the modem, but youd need a clear dc shell for it to show.me, im not gonna do that one cuz im keeping my regular shell and painting it black. im gonna use a dremel tool and cut out a big swirl symbol on the top of the case, and put some green led's down under the disc so it shines green up through the swirl. then id like to put some neon green stars all over the case and give it kind of a outer space/ dreamland type look. why dont you tell me what your wanting to do with it and i can help you as much as i can. and what color are you plannin on using besides blue? or are you makin the whole thing blue......well be sure and keep us posted!

MeltedIce
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:15 pm
quote : #9
Dude that sounds like the sweetest idea man. Keep that up! I was thinking about putt LED lights in the controller port connecters. That would look so sweet when it is lit up. I'll keep you posted.

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 13
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:44 pm
quote : #10
This site can help you too

http://devcast.dcemulation.com/cosmetic/dreamcast/dreamcast.html

2kool4skool
rank 4
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:24 pm
quote : #11
MeltedIce wrote:
Dude that sounds like the sweetest idea man. Keep that up! I was thinking about putt LED lights in the controller port connecters. That would look so sweet when it is lit up. I'll keep you posted.

oh man totally sweet. what color you plannin on for that one? oh, and do you realize me and you could end up having THE most awesome dreamcast's in the whole world!!! ok maybe not......but we could come up with some super super cool stuff. you got some good ideas there, i cant wait to hear how things go for ya.

MeltedIce
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:36 pm
quote : #12
Im thinking on the colors but I have some really good ideas. Yes I do realize that we could have the bestest DCs in the whole world! I am going to take before and after pics to make it even more awesome Smile