Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
nuckles87
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:11 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Got this info from a worldlingo.com translated page at Sega-Direct.

Dreamcast Re-release
| February 4, 2004 | 5:52:12 PM | By: nuckles87 |

Yup, its happening. Nope, its not being reproduced...

A few days ago, we told you that there was a rumour that Dreamcast might be re-released. It turns out that it is not what we expected. Yes, Sega Direct does seem to be re-selling the Dreamcast, but not new ones. Apparently, at this point, it is not possible to manufacture anymore Dreamcast consoles. Instead, they will be selling refurbished Dreamcast consoles. These consoles will come with a copy of Puyo Puyo Fever, and a special Puy Puyo Fever disc cleaner. This offer is only available to people whom reside in Japan, and will be limited to one Dreamcast per person. The "Playback Package Puyo Puyo Fever Set" package will sell for 13,482 yen. If there is a defect in the DC within 2 weeks after purchase, it can be exchanged for a new one. Sega will offer to repair the console for free until March 2006.

Now then, this is based off a fairly shoddy translation, but this should still be fairly accurate. Sega Direct is also re-selling VMUs and controllers for 2,500 yen each. This is not exactly the "Dreamcast comeback" many were hoping for, but it goes to show that there is still enough interest in the Japanese Dreamcast to warrent it's return to online retailers. This could also be a sign of bigger things to come for this supposedly dead and done console. We will be back with all the latest!

http://dreamflint.com/dcd/ViewGameNews.asp?GameID=66&NewsID=80

Last edited by nuckles87 on Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

~DcD~: Sega Gaming at it's Best
Dark Slayer 5000
rank 13
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:30 pm
quote : #2
That sucks, I'm depressed now Sad

nuckles87
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:33 pm
quote : #3
Well hey, its better than nothing, and its a sign that Sega still recognizes Dreamcast as an active product in Japan. This means that Puyo Puyo Fever and Castle of Shikigami 2 may not be the last games to be developed/published by Sega on DC Very Happy.

~DcD~: Sega Gaming at it's Best
darkooga
rank 19
Posted:
Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:02 am
quote : #4
thats true
Posted:
Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:05 am
quote : #5
Yes, at this point I take any official recognition by Sega that the Dreamcast ever existed to be a good thing. You know what I mean?

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:31 pm
quote : #6
martianviking wrote:
Yes, at this point I take any official recognition by Sega that the Dreamcast ever existed to be a good thing. You know what I mean?

Sega of Japan has always done that hell remember Puyo Puyo Fever.

frokid879
rank 21
Posted:
Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:30 pm
quote : #7
hi guys im SOA and i have a lisp and i am confused about my sexual oriantations

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 13
Posted:
Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:32 pm
quote : #8
Lovely

dreamer!
rank 10
Posted:
Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:20 am
quote : #9
lo yeah its nice to know japan r still seein the DC still active over there cos it just aint like that here!