Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:37 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
hey everyone.

man, is this a national tragedy. my local gamestop stoped selling dc games!! the mannager claims hes running out of space. but you know whats now there?!! hu?! NE friggen S games!!!!! god, people, download NESticle!! save 10 bucks! but anyway, im saving for a trip, so im trying to stay away for buying games for my newer consoles. and just beating my last dc game (shemnue) i need annother reason to avoid human contact. but with my dc resourse gone, i dont have time to travel out to the burbs. can someone tell me where to download halflife, or other "bearly legal" games. im working a lot of overtime this summer, so anything that can save me an hour dive will REALLY help.

thanks fellas!

P.s. whoever is playing Wolfenstein under "DCsniper5" should be dragged out on the street and beaten with a salami.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:01 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Can you order games on the internet? I can track down some primo sources for some cheap Dreamcast games for yah. I got a favorites folder a mile long with places to buy dreamcast stuff.

Half life is hard to come by, very hard to track down on the net. If i ever find a public place to snag it, i'll toss you a link.

And as far as lamers like DCsniper5 in games, yea a lot of gamers online.....just like people in real life...can be jerks. One thing i get in a game i play a lot is AVP2, my best character is the Sniper. Everyone accuses me of using an 'aim-bot' or auto aim or some other hack that is locking onto enemies. I just am really really damn good using the sniper, and other people start crybaby hissy fits over it. Drives me nuts, but i don't get worked up over it anymore, i just play the game.

But yea masterchief, definatly let me know, and i can drop a big list of sources for some cheap games. Any games inparticular your looking for?
Posted:
Thu Aug 07, 2003 12:33 am
quote : #3
Heck yeah!! man nikon, i bow to your dreamcast prowess once again. any links that can save me some dough it always welcome. hey, weed aint cheap!! some games id dig are powerstone 2, quake, shenmue 2, skies of arcadia and iron aces.

thanks a lot man!

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Aug 07, 2003 5:38 am
quote : #4
aight MasterChief, i sent you a private message Smile, some of the deals were too sweet to post publically cause people would probobly buy them up before you had a chance to look at them.

DONT WORRY everyone i will be adding some major DC shopping sources from the net in the links section soon. So don't strangle me for not posting what I found IN this post hehehe.

Anyways mastercheif let me know if anything i sent you helped, i hope it did Smile
Posted:
Thu Aug 07, 2003 5:59 am
quote : #5
I found a great deal on a *cough* NEW *cough* copy of Shenmue 2 that's actually cheaper than most Shenmue 2 copys on e-Snipe (E-Bay) auctions.

But chances are you already know about it. Wink

I was just wondering if a Utopia boot disc would work with Shenmue 2. Played Crazy Taxi 2 with the Utopia, and the game would randomly freeze up.

-Mytho

MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:40 am
quote : #6
Hey guys. i finally got it off a program called emule (PBA TOO!!), and now my question is, how do i burn it, all the instructions i found dont make a lot of sence, like they were translated or somthing, so can you guys help me out with that? man... i cant wait... halflife on by beloved dc, life dont get much better!!

P.s. i would like to thank every one that posted. i got some strait forward honest answers, wich is pretty rare for a message board! you got a FANTASTIC site here Nikon!!!

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Aug 11, 2003 3:32 pm
quote : #7
are the files in .cdi? .nrg? .rar? whats the file extensions for the formats?
Posted:
Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:48 pm
quote : #8
ok, the name is as follows, "[image] - Dreamcast - Half.life.gold.nrg", and i was told its a nero file, and i have nero version 5. i was also told it dosnt need a boot disk, is this true?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Aug 12, 2003 12:56 pm
quote : #9
yes yoou need nero to burn the ISO, and also you may or may not need a boot disc. Try burning it and then playing it in your dreamcast as is, it probobly is self booting. If it needs a boot disc i can provide a link to download utopia boot disc v1.2

let me know what happens
Posted:
Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:04 pm
quote : #10
it doesnt need a bootdisc ... I own it and it works fine ... but same folks said there is a major bug in the end of the game ... coz u need 250 free Blocks ... but maybe its a lie Smile ( Halflife looks very cool but it isnt a killer coz offline only )

MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:52 am
quote : #11
ok, im gonna try it right now..... wish me luck.

MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:19 am
quote : #12
sigh... nope. no good. hopefully i just need a boot disk. oh, should i check off "burn immage"?

MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:35 pm
quote : #13
i just tried to burn an immage, still nothing

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:18 pm
quote : #14
MasterChief how big is the rar archive? how many rars? and if so how many MB?
Posted:
Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:39 am
quote : #15
OK, its size is 536 mb. and what do you mean by how many rar's? and rar arcive for that matter?