Topic: help with quake 3 online?

Page 1 of 1
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:52 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
sorry if this has been asked before or covered somewhere already but i have problems with quake 3 online, i can connect and join games, but how do i enter the ip address that i have seen on here? i take it entering the ip address sends me to a specific server? and if not how do i find the games you guys participate in on fridays? i just get kinda lost.

also i can never find people on starlancer, i will look in the schedule again but think i was on on time last time i checked and couldnt find anyone at all. any tips appreciated

also does the ip thing only effect pc users? as i only get on it with dc
Posted:
Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:31 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
First wait till the server list scans in Quake 3, then press the A button on any server in the list. After you have done this the focus of interest should go down to the bottom and "Fight" should be illuminated. Hit "right" on the d-pad to go to "more". And press the A button. A new screen will come up showing specific information about the game you clicked to. Now in the region of this page where it shows the IP and Port. Type in the new IP and port of the game you wish to join, then go down to the lower right where it says "INFO". The game will now query information for the server you put in the ip:port field. Now you should be able to press on Fight and play in that server.

For advanced commands you can visit here:
http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/content_q3_cnsl.php

PS: As far as starlancer games, PM user Tao, he has a game this sunday and a game mid next week. He is pretty prompt on his games. Msg him or inquire about it in the Event Organization forum too if you want. I think both of his times are EUR friendly times as well.
Posted:
Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:48 am
quote : #3
thanks man, i will give it a go, i love starlancer but have never found anyone on there as yet, i have been playin worms tho i found some peeps on there, its wicked. i look forward fo finding some oc members on other great games.
Posted:
Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:56 am
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea I know its a bit tricky. There are really only so many online gamers, its a small community. Sometimes it's tough because there are only so many gamers and people have only so much time and not everyone has all the online games available. My goal is that someday enough people know about it that we can build and build and build and eventually there will be regular gamers on games that at the moment are empty during most hours of the day.
Posted:
Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:04 am
quote : #5
yeah i hate having to work 9-5.30 mon-fri in an office that pays peanuts other wise i'd be on my dc all day. still howelse would i pay me phone bill? Wink