Page 1 of 1
Wargo
rank 8
Posted:
Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:53 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I am in th dark on this. How good are these devices? What all can you do with these?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:36 am
quote : #2
I am pretty much in the dark as well, and need to catch up. Though I do know that you can run an SD card either soldered into the DC itself, or running via an SD card reader from the serial port. Going with the SD card reader (you get these on eBay from people that build them), you have to use a boot disc to run any code off the SD card.
Posted:
Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:42 pm
quote : #3
I've read somewhere that you can run emulators and games off these devices as well and rip games to them. Given how dirt cheap most dc games are its not wise to play games like that. However is the cases of Propeller Arena and HalfLife who knows. I don't know what the read speeds are from the serial port if they're as fast as the gd-rom drive

fattony
rank 11
Posted:
Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:37 am
quote : #4
My DC broke awhile ago when I had the adapter however I did get t play with it a little. It does eliminate the need to waste tons of CD-Rs on homebrew but still needs a program to load the files from the SD card. You can load full games from it but there can be alot of lag however many people have removed all music from certain games and they can run them at almost full-speed. It cant do alot now but hopefully soon it will get faster speeds and no longer need a CD-R program to load up completely eliminating the need for the DC's GD-Rom and giving new life to most broken DC's.