Topic: Rarest Thing You Own?

Page 1 of 3
Keva
rank 8
Posted:
Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:34 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
This dont have to be dc related but you may list them but it has to be somsort of video game relation.

My rarest thing is a old fairchild entertainment system i havnt seen a real one anywhere else my dad got it when it first came out and was the first video games system i belive

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:56 pm
quote : #2
rare DC stuff... the rarest I have is the official 4X memory card... not that rare, but I think only sold at Sega.com never saw them in stores

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:03 pm
quote : #3
I have a large collection of DC stuff, but it's fairly ordinary. The most interesting thing I own is a brand new copy of the Prima Guide to Half Life for Dreamcast. I bought it new for $7 from a seller on Amazon.

I have a flawless copy of the release version of Half-Life, and I have managed to play through the game and now am working on Blue Shift. So far, the guide has followed the game exactly, which is cool.

Just as an FYI, I recently was given Half-Life on the PS2, and the load times aren't any better and the graphics don't look as sharp as the DC (both viewed using S-video).

I guess what I'm trying to say is if you have a glitchy copy of Half-Life, you probably have an earlier tester version. Keep looking for a better one, because the release-version is out there.

Other than that, I'm just waiting for my Colecovision to soar in value...

I have a lot of patience.

frokid879
rank 21
Posted:
Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:07 pm
quote : #4
what are the glitchies that u are talking about in the "tester" one, cause mine seems to work fine, but i dont play it too much cause i played it on the PC way before DC
Posted:
Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:23 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
The rarest thing I own is my Dreamcast Broadband adaptor.
Posted:
Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:27 pm
quote : #6
another rare thing i own is probally dreamon version 1 the demo disk which came with my dc

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:07 pm
quote : #7
i think the rarest thing i own must be some of my saturn games here are the ones i thought were hard to get hold of or are now classed as rare:

Panzer Dragoon Saga (also 1 & 2)
Enemy Zero
Burning Rangers
Steep Slope Sliders
Deep Fear
King Of Fighters 1995
Dragon Force
Dark Savior

also not that its to do with dreamcast, i collect comics i have about 4 comic binders full with every issue of spawn (first 58 in graphic novels) ghost rider (dan ketch not jonny blaze) and i also collect collectors cards such as marvel, movie one and anything that looks good. i have 3 folders full of those, a few complete collections as well. not really rare stuff i know, but then again saturn games were hard to get in the uk, as in 1998 the stores near me just got rid of em i think. i was a late saturn collector, didnt get my saturn till my 16th birthday in 98.

i also have every dreamon demo disc ever released, and a couple of promo vhs tapes from the uk highstreet store game. also an interesting dreamcast thing would be found on the dvd movie called existenz, i think it may only be the region 2 version but in the main menu you can see the dreamcast symbol, click on it and you get a 10 minute promo advert that is tres cool. they should have done that sort of thing for broadcast adverts in the uk and it might of done a bit better. its an excellent bit of advertising footage
Posted:
Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:25 pm
quote : #8
I have the complete collection (minus issue 1) os archie's sonic the hedgehog comics. That's over 10 years of comics right there.

For dc, I've got.. um the memories of an excellent 9-9-99 launch and bringing soul calibur home to play on that glorious day, which a lot of people didn't get to experience becuase they decided to hold out and wait for the ps2. So that's really rare and special for me.
Posted:
Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:35 pm
quote : #9
The rarest thing I own?

Hmmmmm.

As far as videogames are concerned, for the Dreamcast the rarest thing I own is actually....my Dreamcast! Well, actually I mean the case of my Dreamcast. It's a totally clear, see-through case. It's really nice since you can actually see the game disc spinning while the unit is on. Plus, when the orange "power on" triangle light is lit, the entire body of the Dreamcast glows neon orange.

Trust me...it's a VERY COOL sight, especially at night Cool

As far as Dreamcast software, I own a few prized imports (REZ, EVIL TWIN, IKARUGA, BORDERDOWN, HEADHUNTER), and I also own a few Video CD Movies that are specially formatted to play on the Dreamcast. Which movies are they? HOLLOWMAN, AMERICAN PSYCHO, CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON (2 disc set), AUSTIN POWERS 2, and THE ART OF WAR. Now all of that is cool, but probably the rarest pieces of Dreamcast software that I own are my UTOPIA discs. I own the Utopia Genesis Dreamcast discs 1 & 2, and also the Utopia SNES Dreamcast disc 1. Oh, and I also own the Utopia NeoGeo Pocket Dreamcast disc 1 as well.

As far as other rare gaming stuff, I have a VECTREX GAMING SYSTEM with the awesome real time 3-D glasses and about 30 games. I also own the last few Atari Jaguar software titles that were released in the stores (ZERO 5 being my favorite).

I have a few prized Sega Saturn imports that are quite hard to find: FUNKY HEAD BOXERS, the awesome tank shooter GUARDIAN FORCE (developed by Toaplan!), SHEINRYU, TWINKLE STAR SPRITES, CAPCOM GENERATION DISCS 1 & 4 and others. Oh and the Saturn NetLink (it still works!).

Finally, the real rarety that I own is a full-sized pinball machine called "AL'S GARAGE BAND GOES ON A WORLD TOUR" Why is it rare? Well, World Tour Pinball (released in 1993) was the last machine manufactured by the Alvin G. & Co. pinball company. I'm not exactly sure how many were produced, but I heard that it wasn't many. Regardless, the game is sooooo much fun to play. Here's what the instruction card on the pinball machine says: "The object of this game is for you to help Al's Garage Band become good enough to get a record contract, get held over (concert performances), and get brain damage!"

I'm not making this up.

Yeah, I know....crazy, but soooo much fun!
Man, I love pinball....real pinball. Very Happy Hopefully I'll use a picture of my World Tour pinball machine as my avatar soon.

Technofungk
Posted:
Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:00 am
quote : #10
whats shenmue demo
Posted:
Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:19 am
quote : #11
Rarest thing I own related to my Dreamcast.
err would be a TV at the mo.
Mine go bang Sad
Just got a nice 28inch ornament in my room at the mo, and a long time before I can afford a new TV Sad

martianviking
rank 23
Posted:
Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:09 am
quote : #12
Probably my Pioneer LaserActive system (with Sega module, of course). Either that or my JVC X'Eye.

I do also have the US version of Magic Knight Rayearth, an excellent and somewhat rare RPG for Saturn (but I think those two Sega Genesis / Sega CD third party combo systems are probably rarer).

It sounds like OC folks have got some cool stuff; my question is, is there anyone here with an authentic copy of Radiant Silvergun? Very Happy

MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:40 pm
quote : #13
well i have 2 official 4x vmus both i bought by accedent. one was 16 the other was 499!!
also i have a black sports dc with 2 controllers. but thats my museum piece, rarely touched.
as far as games go mvc2 and mark of the wolves would top the list.
i gotta get around to posting a pic of my collection

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
McRing_Ring
rank 2
Posted:
Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:33 pm
quote : #14
this site is the rarest thing ive seen Mr. Green

gamzor
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:47 pm
quote : #15