Page Location: Home > Support > Get Your Dreamcast Online > Topic
jsyzer
rank 1
Posted:
Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:05 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hi all,

I recently bought a Dreamcast Broadband adapter. However, my Dreamcast is very far distance wise from my Verizon Fios router and I cannot connect it by wire. Is there a way to connect my Dreamcast Broadband adapter to a wifi adapter (I have he Xbox Live wifi adapter) and be able to connect wirelessly? I connected the two, however, I have WEP password protection on my home network and was not able to get connected.

Is there a workaround to this? How can I get connected and bypass the WEP security?

Any help would be much obliged.

Thank-you!

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:00 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
You would need some sort of wireless network bridge. I don't have much experience using these, but I am assuming you should be able to find a bridge that will let you enter the WEP key from the adapter rather than the DC.
Posted:
Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:39 pm
quote : #3
You could try using something like the Trendnet Powerline. It effectively uses the power outlets of your house as ethernet line. One box plugs into your router, and the 2nd box will pick up the router through any power outlet in your home. Simply plug the DC into this 2nd unit and it should work. I know people use these for their media boxes as NAS devices. It should work with a DC but I don't think anyone has tested this.
rank 1
Posted:
Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:04 pm
quote : #4
Thank you!

Vampyre Mike
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:28 am
quote : #5
I got one of these online via electricity jammies for my old man that was mentioned above. Works great. Just an FYI, in case you were on the fence on it.

We were getting interference in the house and he kept getting his signal dropped, so we got one of these.

lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:18 am
quote : #6
Type: PAL
Hey all,

I'm looking to setup a similar connection for my DC here in the UK. I'm renting a room downstairs and the shared router is upstairs. Could anyone recommend a package which would be suitable for connecting one DC to the router? There are so many different versions of Trendnet adapters, I'm a bit confused as to which would be best for my purposes.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now