lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:51 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
You could. If it works, then sure.

We just need to make sure that all server operators are still pointing their game servers to a variety of master lists just in-case.
Posted:
Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:27 am
quote : #17
The master server list does appear to be up, every time I start Quake 3 Arena for PC it is there and functional.

But I cannot get any listing from my Dreamcast. Sad

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:57 am
quote : #18
There may not be any 1.16n servers listed, but usually the Dreamcast does scan through the list of servers, counting through them before it finishes. Did you see this happen? or was it just a failure to connect error?
Posted:
Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:10 am
quote : #19
Nada, no response.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:03 am
quote : #20
Hmm, that is strange. I wonder why that is. Maybe they were taking security precautions so they limited the types of clients that could connect? It just seems odd that in a newly working state PC users can connect to that list but Dreamcast users wouldn't be able to connect at all.
Posted:
Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:34 am
quote : #21
Type: NTSC-U
I tried the servers last night, but to no avail. Do you think these will ever be back up and running for dreamcast?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:56 pm
quote : #22
Hey peens, you cought things at a bad time. Right now the OC server is going through some hard times. There is a hardware issue within the machine that is CPU/PSU related but I have had a hard time getting the company to get it resolved. Their SSL cert is also out on their support site and still not fixed after over a week.

So I have to move OC's server again.

I just logged onto the machine now and flipped the game services back on. You should be able to try connecting throughout the day. Let me know how it goes.
Posted:
Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:26 pm
quote : #23
Type: NTSC-J Region Free modded
Hey guys just got my new desk setup and my Dreamcast hooked up to my monitor next to my built pc. Have you guys heard of any resolve coming for the master server to work again for the Dreamcast? As the Pc one to my knowledge is currently up and running.

I have a BBA for my Dreamcast and want to put it to work! Neutral

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:45 pm
quote : #24
I had to switch servers in the past few weeks, and the migration process has taken longer than expected. I will have it working in the next 48 hours guaranteed.

The other server host wouldn't fix a hardware failure in the machine, which was most likely a PSU/CPU overheating problem. So I had to switch to another server host. Which actually ended up for the better as it is more powerful, has more resources, etc.

Sit tight, I will have it up hopefully but tomorrow evening.