mully1999
rank 2
Posted:
Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:02 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Hi there,

I am just in the process of getting my Dreamcast back online here in the uk using the PC-DC server method.

I have the original Uk version of Q3 which is working fine but I thought I had read somewhere that it won't work even if I get online, is that right?

If so I think I need to get the NTSC version of the game, two things I am not sure of ~

1) Will it run on my uk console? as it has an antenna out with a pal I \ G switch on it
2) Where can I get this version of the game nowadays?

Cheers,
M

mully1999
rank 2
Posted:
Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:22 pm
quote : #2
Well had a successful test there, managed to get online using a free dial up provider http://www.aardvaak.net/ who unfortunately are stopping providing services from tomorrow Sad

At least I now know all my leads \ modem etc etc are good.

I have ordered parts to build the line voltage inducer, so will give the pd-dc server another go at that point, as I now know that all Euro \ Uk modems require this and it is only the NA Rev A one's that don't.

I currently have the Pal version of Q3 and while it connected and configured it failed at the authentication stage, I think I just need to get the ntsc version.

Can I ask how do I specify a server to connect to once I do get Q3 going?

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:29 am
quote : #3
I used BT Click for dial up with my DC. It's a pay per minute, but it's just what you'd pay for a normal phone call - so only used in the evening/weekends. Can't seem to find any mention of it anywhere online, but I know that Dreamkey 3 disc came with an account for it. Some broadband providers offer free dial up with their package. I'd check on their site, or give them a call.

I haven't played Quake in a while, but as I understand it: the master server for it is down. To play online you'll need the IP or server address of a master list that you'll have to enter before you connect. You can only do this in the US version of the game, sadly, but you can find copies of that about for fairly cheap.