Page 2 of 2
willis
rank 5
Posted:
Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:49 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I wasn't sure when I first posted that, so I had to do a double check haha!

The link is still active so that must mean they are still taking pre-orders. The work these guys have done is absolutely fantastic

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:17 am
quote : #17
Ah nice, thanks for the pre-order tip willis Smile
Posted:
Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:08 am
quote : #18
http://elysianshadows.com/updates/huge-update-and-adventures-in-game-development-chapter-28/

Quote:
...abusing prescription amphetamines to stay awake and focused...

I sure hope that is a joke. Confused
Posted:
Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:18 am
quote : #19
Type: PAL
lordnikon wrote:
http://elysianshadows.com/updates/huge-update-and-adventures-in-game-development-chapter-28/

Quote:
...abusing prescription amphetamines to stay awake and focused...

I sure hope that is a joke. Confused

I believe Falco is suffering from ADD/ADHD or some similar type of disorder which gives him the right to *use* (not abuse) prescription amphetamines.

I can clearly see the benefit from using a bit more than prescribed from time to time in periods of little to no sleep Wink
Posted:
Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:15 am
quote : #20
Ah ok cool, I was not aware of that. I just hope they don't get burnt out.

I personally push myself to ridiculous extremes, working long hours, running on little sleep, and always pushing the envelope in terms of what can get done in a day. I have been doing this for as long as I can remember. I am able to handle it (with a bit of caffiene here and there).

For others though, especially a small team making their first game, I always worry that after their this journey they will be demolished in the end, less able to take on the next project due to a lack of balance.

The biggest challenge for any project, is to ensure that you have the resources available for your next journey when the current one is complete. Resources such as good mental/physical health, resonable financial stability, and the talent of the team. I often feel someone learns more during the moment the moment of saying, "Okay, the game is done", than they do during the entire development cycle. Because in that moment everything falls into place, and then you realize what you would need to replicate or do different on the next project.

The people on Elysian Shadows must be doing something right though. They did fund their kickstarter, and they have been keeping up with all the updates. Wink