Page 1 of 1
TheReverendGreg
rank 1
Posted:
Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:06 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U
I can't figure out my old login so I have decided to make a new one haha. I haven't logged in for a few years now, so I don't know if the account has perhaps been removed. Anywho...

I'm not sure if this would be better as a PM to lordnikon, but the Dreamcast map pack link in the
Quake 3 Server Guide seems to be a broken link to fileplanet.

However I've found two places this pack is online, and one of them is a fileplanet link:
http://www.fileplanet.com/61677/60000/fileinfo/Q3A-Dreamcast-Map-Pack
and
http://lvlworld.com/review/id:999

What's confusing me is the lvlworld link has a pack that's from 2001, but is about 2 months later than the file planet one. In addition to this, there's a patch towards the bottom of that site that says it updates some textures and something about the jump pack, and this patch is about 2 months later than the mappack. I get the feeling the dreamcast loads from the disc, so texture updates I'm assuming are just for the PC and not really going to affect anything from the perspective of the server.

I'm curious if anyone knows anything about the difference in the files and any benefits of the patch?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:58 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Excellent, thanks for the heads up on this TheReverendGreg. I will update the guide with new links.

I am not sure what the differences are between those files. I will have to look at them. Good catch!
Posted:
Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:56 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
I tried both and had much better luck with the second link. The first links seems to have the actual map files (textures, models, etc). The second link has 2 .pk3 files (1 for adding DC maps to the updated version of Q3 and 1 for actually playing/hosting DC servers for 1.16 installs).