lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:25 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Hey all,

I'm aware there are probably plenty of threads on modding your DC to make it region free, but I'm posting a new one as my query is time related.

There used to be numerous individuals/shops offering DC modding services. For example, you could send your DC to someone who you would pay to insert a region free chip or add a VGA output. Is anyone aware of any such services existing today? I'm fed up with having to use the disc swap method to play foreign games, and would prefer to keep using genuine GD-ROMs to prevent unnecessary wear & tear on my DC's laser.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

lozz.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:26 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
I wouldn't mind a region free modded DC myself. My solution to the problem was to get a Japanese Dreamcast in addition to my US systems. It means I have more consoles connected, but yea... swapping out discs is a pain if you just have a DC from a single region.

I don't have any leads, but just responding as I am also interested in such services as it saves me time Wink
Posted:
Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:40 pm
quote : #3
Thanks to a GDEMU my DC is already region free, but at some point in the future a VGA mod would be nice to have (if only to avoid having to track down another DC VGA cable/box if mine ever breaks down).

Throw me in the pool of people who would also be interested in knowing where to go to get such services done.

amcdc79
rank 10
Posted:
Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:33 pm
quote : #4
Here is a gentleman from Greece who will sell you a DC already done, do one you send to him, and also sells wireless DC controllers.

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/chrisvcpp/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3692

fattony
rank 11
Posted:
Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:05 am
quote : #5
Not sure if anyone is still interested but better late than never. I can hook you up with the bios mod and IDE hard drive connector for the cost of shipping.