Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:11 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Is there a Dreamcast game you regret not having played yet? I know there are always games that we have yet to play, due to playing other games or franchises. How long ago the Dreamcast was released got me thinking about this.

I think the game for me is Skies of Arcadia. I have yet to play it after all these years.

I tend to play a lot of games I really like over and over, and then never get around to playing others. Jet Grind Radio I have beaten multiple times for instance.

Any particular game stands out to you in your DC collection that you have yet to put time into?
Posted:
Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:10 am
quote : #2
Type: PAL
From the top of my head: Headhunter.

Just never had the time to invest in it. Sad
rank 27
Posted:
Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:46 am
quote : #3
I have only had a chance to briefly play Shenmue. Likely less than an hour. I'd love to spend a weekend or something and play through that game.

DaMan
rank 28
Posted:
Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:47 pm
quote : #4
Test Drive Le Mans

series
Grandia II DC which in turn wants me to play Grandia PS1
gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:39 am
quote : #5
Record Of Lodoss War, When I bought the game my little brother was visiting and he wanted to play it so I watched him beat the game in less than a week. I still have not played it myself though. I still need to play Shenmue 2 as well.
Posted:
Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:19 pm
quote : #6
Cannon spike if I ever find it and have the chance. My kinda thing. Mindless zen type gaming.
Posted:
Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:00 pm
quote : #7
Definitely Shenmue. I've wanted to try it many times but I'm just so scared I won't like it.

shrap
rank 10
Posted:
Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:07 pm
quote : #8
It was to slow for my taste. The idea, presentation and yes even most of the controls are pretty decent. Pop this or soul calibur in when you want to show off what your dreamcast is capable of doing.
Posted:
Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:11 am
quote : #9
I still have yet to play Shenmue, but I think I know how to mentally frame the game so it is played in the right context. Especially since I have glanced at a few videos of gameplay without getting spoilers. The game was originally labeled as "Virtua Fighter RPG". The game stresses story, and exploration of the environment first and foremost. I think as long as you know what you are getting yourself into, it might surprise you and be quite enjoyable.

It is another game I regret not having played yet on the DC. I am interested in maybe writing up a review on it when I do play it.

Curious, has anyone here not played Soul Calibur on the DC? That would be interested if someone hasn't Wink
Posted:
Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:39 am
quote : #10
When I played Shenmue I had no idea what the game was so I did not have any preconceived thoughts on how it would be. I did think that it was slow at times, but I did end up enjoying the game and when I finished it I wanted more. By the time I got Shenmue 2 on xbox that feeling was lost so I have never played the second game yet. I put the game in my xbox and played for a very short amount of time. Maybe I will buy it for the Dreamcast and play it on my DC. Or perhaps I will use the fan made copies with the xbox audio rips?

PS it would be weird if someone had not played soul calibur. Soul calibur was one of my first games that I got for DC.
Posted:
Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:44 am
quote : #11
Marvel vs capcom 2
Posted:
Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:59 am
quote : #12
Grubensau hooked me up with a copy of PAL Shenmue 2. I really owe it to him to play that O_O. Soon.
Posted:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:48 pm
quote : #13
It's gotta be Samba de Amigo. The game is held up as a gem by even mainstream press, and I never got a chance to play it!

Same with all the lightgun games. I guess I don't like owning peripherals very much. With the arcade sticks, mice, keyboards, microphone, racing wheel, and vmus everywhere, I wasn't keen to own more stuff to keep packed away neatly.
rank 37
Posted:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:37 pm
quote : #14
Hmm, Samba de Amigo is another one that I missed as well. I did look into buying it with the maracas once but I just couldn't pull the trigger at the time. Maybe sometime down the line when I can afford to blow some money on the game and maracas?
Posted:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:21 am
quote : #15
gary_b wrote:
Hmm, Samba de Amigo is another one that I missed as well. I did look into buying it with the maracas once but I just couldn't pull the trigger at the time. Maybe sometime down the line when I can afford to blow some money on the game and maracas?

I'm surprised it's so critically acclaimed when it never seemed to make it to the homes like DDR and Guitar Hero did for other consoles. I'm thinking it has a lot to do with Sega using a Samba de Amigo setup for their press sneak pre-views around launch. For many others, their only chance to play would have been in the arcades.

I'm surprised so many of you haven't played Shenmue I & II. But then I haven't played Skies of Arcadia!