Page 1 of 1
jtn0514
rank 2
Posted:
Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:14 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC
Hey guys, Any interest in me posting some IPS patch files that can be applied to a few modem compatible games for the sega genesis? These patches either translate japanese text to english for ease of use with the menus and getting connecting and some gameplay.

Unsure if anyone would utilize this stuff but i was digging through an old hard-drive of mine and found this stuff.

The genesis mega modem can still be used even on digital lines as the speed is quite a bit slower than most modems (2400 baud). Most digital lines will tolerate up 14.4. I've personally tested Cyberball on a POTS and digital line setup and it does work.

Xiden
rank 5
Posted:
Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:30 am
quote : #2
Thatd be awesome! My local games shop as a genesis xband modem for sale and I have an everdrive and a telephone line sim id love to test that with Smile

jtn0514
rank 2
Posted:
Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:31 am
quote : #3
Xiden wrote:
Thatd be awesome! My local games shop as a genesis xband modem for sale and I have an everdrive and a telephone line sim id love to test that with Smile

Unfortunately this is for the mega modem which was only released in japan, but can be found on ebay for fairly cheap pretty often and works with the
model 1 megadrive EXT port on the back (looks like a controller port). Xband modem wont work with these games.

supersega
rank 2
Posted:
Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:07 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U
jtn0514 wrote:
Hey guys, Any interest in me posting some IPS patch files that can be applied to a few modem compatible games for the sega genesis? These patches either translate japanese text to english for ease of use with the menus and getting connecting and some gameplay.

Unsure if anyone would utilize this stuff but i was digging through an old hard-drive of mine and found this stuff.

The genesis mega modem can still be used even on digital lines as the speed is quite a bit slower than most modems (2400 baud). Most digital lines will tolerate up 14.4. I've personally tested Cyberball on a POTS and digital line setup and it does work.

Yes, please do. ASSEMbler Games would also be very interested in that.
Posted:
Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:57 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
I would love some patches as well. I do plan on getting into the genesis mega modem at some point, I just havn't had the time.
Posted:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:47 pm
quote : #6
Ill post these here soon hopefully. One of the games (Cyberball) doesnt need any game patches and just game genie codes entered to activate the modem menu in english.

The modem also in most games has voice chat feature oddly enough. once you connect you have the option to drop the data connection on the current connection and talk and then re-negotiate or handshake to pick back up and play the game. Its a bit awkward as you have to hold down a button on the controller and then talk into the speaker on the modem thats hooked to the genesis.

Anyhow, this is the case for shi-kin-joh i believe and maybe tel tel stadium.