Page Location: Home > General Online > Topic
Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:04 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hello all. Long time no see. Been a while...

Anyway, today (and currently) I got online for the first time in many many years with Starlancer Very Happy

I ordered a dreampi and after a few snags and a re-paired USB modem, I'm online! I even saw somebody else host a game briefly but I couldn't connect.

I'm not sure exactly how stable my connection is. Won't know for sure until I log some real gameplay.

But its nice to be back and I hope it becomes a regular thing again. Mr. Green
rank 5
Posted:
Fri May 24, 2019 8:27 pm
quote : #2
Hey good to see you back online, i think that was me trying to find you on starlancer while i was jumping between quake3 and also some AFO. I didn't see your game on the list even waiting a few minutes. Just a reminder starlancer needs port forwarding to work correctly TCP/UPD 2300-2400 | UDP 6500 | TCP 47624
Maybe that will help next time might work =]
http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/72.211.158.34:27960/
Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Sat May 25, 2019 2:30 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hey thats awesome. Thanks for doing that. I saw someone created a game called, Woooo? and another one called Stars? I tried to join both but it kept failing.

I didn't know about the port forwarding requirement. I'll get that figured out today I hope. I read that dreampi doesn't require changing DNS on the web browser setup, but didn't know about port forwarding. I was happy enough just to load a game and fly around, never expected to see anyone randomly, lol.