Topic: anti gamestop

Page 1 of 2
frokid879
rank 21
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:39 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
i went to my gamestop and i said "is that ALL the DC games u have?" (<---there are 4 >_<) and the guy there was like "ya, and we wont get anymore in the future either cause we'll stop taking tradeins for DC games in feb" and i was like WTF!!! they take n64, orig gameboy, nes, snes, genesis but not DC!! arg. ask ur local gamestop if they are going to stop also
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:03 pm
quote : #2
That's a very strange policy. I wonder why they would do that.

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 13
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:18 pm
quote : #3
I went to Game Stop last week and bought two DC's for $40 (why not?). They had a batch of DC games 30% off which was like $5 a peice. But what got me is that they were selling a used Nintendo 64's for $60 a peice. The N64 games (used) were $40 a peice. Go figure.

xAll Hope Is Lostx
rank 2
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:54 pm
quote : #4
I HATE GAME STOP!!!!!!!! Every game stop ive ever been in, the guys are such jerks to me, i hope they all die! i ask where the dreamcast games are and i either get laughed at or they get pissed off and say (and i quote) "we dont have any of that crap here, its old and it sucks, so get out of here" thats no joke, i ask very nicely and still get that response! they are over priced, and the games i have gotten from there are either scratched up to where they dont work or theyll give me the wrong game in the wrong case!!!! so i promised myself id never set foot in a game stop again, and i havent for a long time now and i wont EVER AGAIN!

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 13
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:03 pm
quote : #5
Yea, I understand. They can be jerks. The one in my area has a bunch of nerds that think they know everything about games (which they don't). I shop for my games at EB now.

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:15 pm
quote : #6
things like that make me glad i'm in the uk! we have a chain called gamestation, in my local one they have a fair shelf of dc stuff and keep lots of peripherals, and when i talk with the guys about it they are as interested in it as i am if not more, i always get great deals on games and find some for less than a fiver, and i have onlly had one problematic copy. now game is a dump, the main chain in the uk, they still do ps1 titles, but other than that they only support the 3 main ones, pc and hand held, what a crock huh? and they are over priced.
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:26 pm
quote : #7
man i wish i had a place like that, at the gamestop i got starlancer and the guys were nice and shit but only 1 was interested that it was still online and he said he should get his DC out again. it pisses me off how i go somewhere to look for games adn they only have 2 or so. all the games at my gamestop are new lol. i can get AFO w/ mic new for 7 and daytona new for 12, but the rest games are shyt and they used to have pso v2 new for 17 but that sold i suppose or maybe it disapeered in that week when they got rid of everything. they even used to have those covers for DC
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:44 pm
quote : #8
yeah man people over here are generally evil towards the dc, like people in my age group, but the shop owners i know are all kinda cool, in gamestation i used to surprise them with info about new dc developments and they were always up for a talk, could go on for more than half hour sometimes, also a shop called CEX (Computer EXchange) has a whole wall dedicated to dreamcast, about 6 shelves worth, then on the wall across from that theres 2 shelves of import dc titles, a shelf of mixed saturn games, pal and ntsc, neo geo, mega drive and a few others. if i want a game from ebay, i have a few sellers i'm friendly with and they do me of the site deals, but cex is ALWAYS cheaper. i got quoted £45 for guilty gear x and cex had it for £18!!! and they frequently have ikaruga in stock for less than £40, also i pick up nice surprises in there on the import shelf, i got frame gride for a tenner, last blade 2 for 12 quid and a few others, for way less than ebay prices, they also order stuff in for you. also go to lik sang, they have great deals, i asked a friend to quote me a price for psyvariar 2 and he said £55!!!!!! lik sang are doing it for £35 and free postage!! so i told my mate to stick it Cool
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:18 pm
quote : #9
the gamesstop by me are cutting out snes, nes and genisis games too.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:55 pm
quote : #10
Out of about 4 EBs around my house, probably only one has an actual DC section. The others had a section, but they were replaced by PS games. Neutral Crying shame too.

martianviking
rank 23
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:20 pm
quote : #11
MasterChief wrote:
the gamesstop by me are cutting out snes, nes and genisis games too.

That's funny. The only reason I really go in there is for those games (plus Dreamcast). If they cut them all out and stick with just straight XB, PS2, GCN and GBA, I don't see that I'll have much of a use for them anymore.

If I want current stuff I can go anywhere, and I won't need to put up with GameStop's crap.

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 13
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:44 pm
quote : #12
I think that's why GameStop is doing that 10% off discount card, to get rid of all of the used games that they have so they don't have to look at them. I've reciently seen ads in my EGM's with coupons for 10% used games at GameStop too. If all else fails, we'll have to take our DC shopping on Ebay.

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:24 pm
quote : #13
GameStop is so gay! Don't waste your money and buy DC things there

Chris5687
unknown
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:51 pm
quote : #14
My gamestop really pissed me off. It was the one i goto most. I went in one day and all the DC games are gone. And for what? N*GAGE! They cleared out games that are still GREAT for a piece of shit hardware that it most certainly gonna horribly fail!

The other one i go to atleast have a pretty good selection left.Lookis like almost all my games are coming through the internet.

darkooga
rank 19
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:55 pm
quote : #15
looks like everyone hates gamestop