Topic: Upside down dreamcast

Page 1 of 1
YouBlowinMyHigh
rank 9
Posted:
Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:03 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hey well my quake3 is about 4 years old lol same copy when it first came out but anyway its scratched up pretty bad lol now it barely wants to load up ... so what did i do... i turned my dc upside down and everytimee it loads now... i been knowing this tho but just a lil tip if you have a game that doesnt work... cus of the scratches turn ur dc upside down and load it i gaurantee it works Smile also i dont kno if this does anything to ur dc physically like harm it etc... but i dont see how it could... :0
Laters
Posted:
Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:23 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U
yea that was a old trick with teh PS1. Even though I didnt have one. I remember doing it with shenmue, i was so pissed i could not get very far with the 3rd disk without it screwing up. Good trick if it works with the whole disk.

OrochiSonic
rank 8
Posted:
Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:32 pm
quote : #3
another trick is to dunk the game is burning hot water for about 25 seconds, dry it off with a 100% pure cotton shirt and pop it in. It worked for d2 for me for a few times, but eventually the damn thing just got up and died. So I returned it to gamestop. Darn.
Posted:
Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:04 pm
quote : #4
just get a gamedr
Posted:
Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:10 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
tony2004 wrote:
just get a gamedr

or better yet get it repaired with a high quality cd buffer for $3 at most places that sale used CDs and games.
Posted:
Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:52 pm
quote : #6
Hello, ya'll. This is my first post from my DC. XDP roxxorz! (that was for you, nikon) Anyway, SONICR, I would hope that some game places actually use a higher quality machine than a gameDR, the EBs and Gamestops that I have been in use a, guess what, gameDR! Bastards! Another reason to hate those places. I dont know, maybe music stores are different.
rank 5
Posted:
Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:01 pm
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U/C
lanzarlaluna wrote:
I would hope that some game places actually use a higher quality machine than a gameDR, the EBs and Gamestops that I have been in use a, guess what, gameDR! Bastards! Another reason to hate those places. I dont know, maybe music stores are different.

yea GameXChange and Gold Exchange Pawn are 2 places here in town that I know use a CD Buffer.
Its sooooo much better then a crappy GameDr.
GameDr just pretty much cuts off Layers of a CD to smooth it, thats why it has a High Chance of either not fixing some games or just totaly ruining them.
while a CD Buffer actly Smooths the CD from Buffing the scratches out.
Posted:
Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:04 pm
quote : #8
i would never put my dreamcast in that kind of sexual position
Posted:
Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:36 pm
quote : #9
The reason it reads it better is because the laser gets pulled from gravity and the lens shifts its weight to another track. It slides alot better so it easier to read. Also the Lens is closer to the disc and the scraches become smaller for the laser.

evilnine
unknown
Posted:
Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:42 pm
quote : #10
gamzor wrote:
i would never put my dreamcast in that kind of sexual position

how come i get PM'd when i post stuff like this i mean c'mon seriously this is waaayyy offtopic!
Posted:
Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:30 pm
quote : #11
well i tried the up side down thing, and guess what!!!!!!!!!! it didnt work. my nba 2k1 game is scratched up pretty bad so i did the up side down thingy there and it still got to the same place and just stopped working. i think im just gonna go get 2k2 anyway.