12% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8
DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:08 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
OMG OMG OMG!!!! ... im going to die my save file got corrupted Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
over 50 hours for nothing!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel sick Sad

martianviking
rank 23
Posted:
Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:33 pm
quote : #2
Ohhhhhhh... I'm so sorry.

Damn.

lanzarlaluna
rank 10
Posted:
Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:58 pm
quote : #3
What do you mean 50 hours for nothing? I mean, yes, that sucks. But it wasn't a waste. Just being able to play PSO is well worth it.
banned!
Posted:
Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:24 am
quote : #4
Ok clear you never have it happen to you and I say a waste I should really say hope=less I had ... over 100 top of line items everything you could think of and its all gone so ya it all was kinda point-less... I guess ill start a new file tomorrow ... o well fun game

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:41 am
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea it has happened to me before. Way back on dreamcast. That was the last time it happened to me. I was at Lv21, speant all weekend playing. Got corrupted from lobby FSOD. Since then I only play with legits, no sharkers or cheaters. I have been fosd and had some connection issues and power outages on gamecube pso, and my chars are fine lol. I only lost whatever items I had equipped. Since I store them in my bank all the time, and carry 1 or 2 weapons with me.

I have made 2 characters on dc pso, one I retired and infact deleted, my black RAcast. He was mainly a low level character I used to play with lower lvl dc gamers. Since my main character was so high in Lv. On gamecube I am currently playing 4 whole characters. I have been starting so many new characters at the moment I don't think I would really care if I got corrupted. I would just make yet another character and start anew.

One other thing you might want to start doing is this. I did this and several other people did this as well. Create a new character on a spare VMU. Sign online with your main character, then with someone you trust in a passworded game, drop some spare items you have....for instance if you have 2 dragon slayers you can drop 1 of them. Then sign offline and then sign back online with your new blank character and pick up the items and then quit and save. I did this always as a precaution so that if I did infact get corrupetd I would have a nice mag and items available to me off the bat. It's a good tactic...plus its done with legit items and a legit method.
Posted:
Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:54 am
quote : #6
I got mine corrupted by power going out for like a second and it was saving... but im in a way glad I like starting something new now and then... anyways I bet some of those items were hacked

SONICR
rank 5
Posted:
Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:25 am
quote : #7
I use to make daily BackUp files of my character files using PW 2.62 by attaching them to emails.
then all i'd have to worry about is items when the server deletes them from the backup file.
Posted:
Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:13 am
quote : #8
after about a year and a bit i started making my own weapons for the hell of it, i wasnt very good at it could only make basic weps, they werent ilegally over the game limits, that stuff was well over my head. i was in a clan and we used to help each other out, as you know weapons are dropped when you die and stuff like that so we used to keep suplys and stuff, we never handed them out to new players, we kept to ourselves, and i stopped after a while, as nikon said the best way is to have a high level character finding stuff, drop the items and pass them to the rest of your characters, i have about 7 dc characters, 3 over 100 and the rest low level, one guy is near to finding rare weps and stuff, but my character that i transfered to ver 2 could never find ver 2 weps, i think something to do with converting, and not having the pso2 info in the save file or something. my dc blacked out on me quite often when playing in a usa server, people would pk you and take your stuff, and even reset your dc, they did it to me alot, i even had my first guy nol'ed it was evil, nothing worse than working for ages on a character only to lose it in 5 seconds
Posted:
Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:17 pm
quote : #9
the poll results are sad.. Sonic Team doesn't even know how to make a game cheat-free after 2 versions of 3 different systems of the same game they all have the some problem
which version should I play... I hear V1 gets more rares? any truth to that

DaMan
rank 28
Posted:
Sat Feb 07, 2004 8:31 pm
quote : #10
Yeah it happened to me it was my first character I had JUST got to Ultimate I was a level 88 with 256 hours under my belt when for some reason my dreamcast would say reload and it just would'nt load.

It was very depressing I didnt even wanna play for awhile , but I got over and started over. Smile
Chris5687
unknown
Posted:
Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:51 pm
quote : #11
My very first character got corrupted. Back then i didn't really have a cluee to what i was doing. i played with anyone, took any item and had no ideas about "hackers" or what legit was. I never fed my mag and I thought having a Handgun +2 was special. Rolling Eyes

I was at level 26 or 27 and my Ranger got the save file hacked. I was pissed, but it was probabl for the best. that character was basically served as a test character. i soon learned how the game really should be played, and i have been having fun with it ever since.

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:20 pm
quote : #12
ya I kinda feel like that with mine more of a test

Mastershake
rank 5
Posted:
Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:25 pm
quote : #13
I heard about hackers and was always cautious.
I never accept items from ANYONE because i like to earn ALL my items.

LOL. my friend was a HUcast and kept increasing his MIND on his mag and was like "i'm gonna have a smart MAG." heh. You live and you learn.

^_^
TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:29 pm
quote : #14
Mastershake wrote:
LOL. my friend was a HUcast and kept increasing his MIND on his mag and was like "i'm gonna have a smart MAG." heh. You live and you learn.

Oh man. ROFL. This brings up another one of my so-called friends. He also had a HUcast and fed it Fluids. He said "Man, my mag is going to be so cool. He's going to totally kick ass!" I was like "Um, dude. You know that the Mind is used for magic and droids can't use magic right?" His responce? "Oh S**T!" Rolling Eyes

-Mytho

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:42 pm
quote : #15
lol Very Happy .. well I was blind when I started PSO but my friend Ryu showed me the ropes in a day so after that a I know what not to do and stuff, like hang out in the main lobby for a long time... the last day some fag kept doing the DC reset hack and it was just fucking sad you couldn't connect and talk for long befor that dumbass did the hack I wonder who did that ... anyways im not sure if I posted this but 10 or so min befor the server went down I got this feeling I should play and was talkin to the past few before it went I almost left to go to the JP server but I wanted to see it go and to see there was no special ending no message just a disconnect message... sigh* got some good memorys from Big O as someone here called it