1, 2  Next
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:27 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I was testing out Quake 3 and I think I am gonna move it over to my TV. The game seriously is much better on the eyes on a television with s-video. Before I had it on VGA. However its so freaking clear that my eyes can see everything....so much that the frame rate and resolution starts giving me a headache. Q3 on dreamcast does not run at a full 60 frames per second. Its full speed but does skip a few frames.

The only FPS on dreamcast that is a full 60 frames per second is Outtrigger. Which looks goddamn so beautiful on a pc monitor that i want to have its children.

So I switched mine over to the TV now, and I put a board on my lap for the mouse and kb. Not too bad. If I ever get a proper analog controller setup, then i'll switch to a controller format.
Posted:
Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:22 am
quote : #2
when you say s video do you mean scart? i have a pal dc with a nice scart connection to an amazing lg tv that supports 60hz and ntsc picture, with some of my appliances i can choose ntsc display or pal, and this cable i had shipped from america gives an ntsc picture, quake 3 is one of the most amazing games graphically i have ever seen, the scart lead has about an inch out from the dc a connection to plug audio cables (red white and yellow) to my monstrous higi so you can imagine games like ikaruga on it. i cant love it enough!
Posted:
Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:21 pm
quote : #3
lordnikon wrote:
The only FPS on dreamcast that is a full 60 frames per second is Outtrigger. Which looks goddamn so beautiful on a pc monitor that i want to have its children.

wow buddy you couldn't have know her for more then 3 years Wink cool your jets and date some more lol

satoshi
rank 3
Posted:
Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:33 pm
quote : #4
ultrapro wrote:
when you say s video do you mean scart? i have a pal dc with a nice scart connection to an amazing lg tv that supports 60hz and ntsc picture, with some of my appliances i can choose ntsc display or pal, and this cable i had shipped from america gives an ntsc picture, quake 3 is one of the most amazing games graphically i have ever seen, the scart lead has about an inch out from the dc a connection to plug audio cables (red white and yellow) to my monstrous higi so you can imagine games like ikaruga on it. i cant love it enough!

Scart is different than s-video. I think scart is a PAL only thing, just like s-video is NTSC only, but I could be mistaken..

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:29 pm
quote : #5
DreamcastMagic wrote:
lordnikon wrote:

wow buddy you couldn't have know her for more then 3 years :wink: cool your jets and date some more lol

I can't help it :[ when enemies started hitting my lina bombs...it was love at first site. :D
Posted:
Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:51 pm
quote : #6
well i am ticked of cos i cant find the ukrockers event i have tried entering the ip address and pressing info but no one is there its only 10.50 so they should still bet there for hours but not a soul except the frickin pc players. bummer
Posted:
Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:49 pm
quote : #7
You should install gamespy 3D so you can monitor it from your PC. And just keep refreshing. Check the Quake 3 IP thread about how to do that using gamespy 3d. Is is a user run server or a public server?
Posted:
Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:04 pm
quote : #8
Type: NTSC-U
*Bursts into the topic, gasping*
Good lord! my pc dies 3 weeks ago and i finally return to find 2000 unread posts! my eyes, they BUURNN! ok, i agree that q3a is best over s-video or anything other than vga. when i had my friends copy, i started playing it on vga and actually got sick while playing it. it may look all crisp and shiny on vga, but its a fair trade off. i'd rather not have to stop in the middle of an intense frag fest to go vomit. now, its time to catch up...
*Exits topic*
*Pokes head back in*
Oh yeah, VIVA LA DREAMCAST!
*Exit*

Fox the Sly
rank 2
Posted:
Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:55 pm
quote : #9
lordnikon wrote:

Hahaha!
STOP!!
YouBlowinMyHigh
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:06 am
quote : #10
well i have a rf adapter and s-cables for my dreamcast but on rf adapter is nice and clear but its way better on s-cables but i do get a lil interence when shooting rockets just for a split second with my s-cables i think its my t.v. tho.
Posted:
Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:06 am
quote : #11
when you connect the DC to the monitor, what refresh rate does it give you? Isn't 60 hz on tvs? 60 hz kills my eyes, I need my monitors 80hz to keep me from getting sick.

dreamer!
rank 10
Posted:
Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:44 am
quote : #12
lol 50hz must burn ur eyes!

character stats!
dream
lv72
greenill
MeltedIce
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:24 am
quote : #13
Connecting the DC to a monitro gives you 50 hz refresh rate? Thats a mad low refresh rate. That would like give me a headache in one minet.

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:49 am
quote : #14
satoshi wrote:
Scart is different than s-video. I think scart is a PAL only thing, just like s-video is NTSC only, but I could be mistaken..

quality: AV > S/video > RGB > VGA

Scart means only the end of u cable. A scart cable can be a AV (normal TV signal) or a RGB cable. Check the cable pins - full pins is RGB. S-video cable end is round. Its not a standard in europe.
Posted:
Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:27 pm
quote : #15
uurrrr that made no sense to me at all man, theres the usual small round ariel lead, or the flat wonky looking metal plug with pins that goes in the funny shaped slot, all the other stuff you said was way over my head man,