TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:56 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yo guys. Very Happy

Looking on EBGames.com and I am going to get a few games. I just wanted to know what you guys thought of em....

Carrier
Crazy Taxi 2
Dead or Alive 2*
Dino Crisis*
Draconus: Cult of the Wyrm
Enforcer Arcade Stick
Expendable*
Heavy Metal: Geomatrix*
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure*
King of Fighters: Dream Match 1999*
Power Stone*
Psychic Force 2012
Record of Lodoss War*
San Francisco Rush 2049
Sega Rally 2
Spawn
Super Runabout San Francisco Edition
Tokyo Extreme Racer 2*
Urban Chaos
Vanishing Point
*=This means that I am seriously considering buy this game

If anyone can give a rating to all the games listed here, you will get a cookie, sticker, AND a band-aid! Laughing

-TheMytho

Lunar Eclipse
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Jul 17, 2003 6:03 pm
quote : #2
Definitely get Power Stone and Record of Lodoss War. Power Stone is THE best 3D fighter on the market (with the exception of Power Stone 2). There are tons of weapons, fantastic levels, and a simple button layout. It's got a good pick-up and play value, so it's a lot of fun with friends. Record of Lodoss War has a sturdy plot that ties in well with the anime if you know anything about it. The weapon system in the game is also very unique and interesting. The battles can sometimes get monotonous, but the bosses have some super-cool moves. All in all, these two game rock.

I'm not a racing fan, so I can't help you with those games.

Crazy Taxi 2 is fun, but I don't know that it's worth it if you own the original (do you?). There's a lot of fast paced driving, and it never gets old. I don't know any other way to describe it other than pure fun.

Those are actually the only three games on your list that I own (I am mainly an RPG, Action, and Adventure guy).
Posted:
Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:13 pm
quote : #3
I'll probably go with Power Stone for sure. Not too sure about Lodoss, as I will already be spending $25 (Power Stone, Quake 3 are both $10, and shipping is $5).

EDIT: I have Crazy Taxi 1. I'm also really considering Psychic Force 2012, since it's fairly cheap.

-Mytho

twistedidiot
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:13 am
quote : #4
GASP!! You left out Legacy of Kain:Soul Reaver!! Man that is one cool game....if you like vampires that is even if the ending is a tad on the anticlimatic side. Crazy taxi 2 gets boring....you do the same thing over and over....pick up a passenger...drive like a maniac....drop em off....go get another passenger...etc etc. Dead or alive 2 is a cool fighting game that I'd highly recommend along with powerstone. Spawn is a disappointment with the sometimes horrid camera angles (you can easily get disoriented at the worst times). Draconus is a decent RPG. As far as the racing games go...all I own is Star Wars episode one Pod Racer so I wouldn't know a good racing game if it drug me down the highway by my nads!!

People ask me why I love DC so much even though Sega discontinued it in it's prime....I just stare at them with glazed eyes for a second then shrug and say...."It could be worse...I could be still playing that N64 instead of using it for an ashtray."

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:43 am
quote : #5
Well, looks like I can't afford any games for quite some time, as I have ordered an European Shenmue 2. Very Happy

But thanks for the suggestions guys!

Twisted: I played Soul Reaver about three years ago, and enjoyed it immensely. I'll have to get it, especially for $5-10.

I still plan on getting Quake. It will probably be the next Dreamcast purshase for me.

-Mytho

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Fri Aug 08, 2003 6:04 pm
quote : #6
OK here are a quick view for each game
Crazy Taxi 2 = great fun ... but does get old but not for a while
Dead or Alive 2* = good
Dino Crisis* =same graphics as the PSone version but still a great game (CG inproved!)
Power Stone* = so fun great to play with friends
San Francisco Rush 2049 = good graphics for its time and fun .. has depth
Sega Rally 2 = great game
Spawn = with single and multiplayer .. and things to unlock plus good graphics
Urban Chaos = so bad, the graphics look so bad the gameplay, story and depth its all bad
Vanishing Point = they stoped having online for this game a while ago but its ok as a raceing title but the raceing wheel is needed the conroller is so bad

Slayn
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:58 pm
quote : #7
I have these games and play a lot of the 3...

Crazy Taxi 2 : cool grafics and good challenge (cool sound tracks)

Record Of Lodoos War : the best RPG game than i play great grafics too and good playability

Tokyo Xtreme race : man... i never more see a good race game since gran turismo for psx... but TXR is the best..... u find a lot of cars in this game and have a cool challenge 2

Cya