Page Location: Home > Archive - PAL PSO > Topic
Zero
rank 2
Posted:
Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:16 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
I just started getting into Phantasy star online ver 1 for DC of coarse and online some people were talking about getting there account hacked and deleted. This means that the "hacker" would have to get onto your memory card and get rid of the file is this feasable. If so what types of encounters did you guys have with hackers. What types of things can i do not to attract the attention of hackers. Someone was telling me that if i give out my guild card then i m in trouble thats a way for people to mess with youl. I applogize if any of this is Newbie bull but i really don't know. I put it up to you guys the Dreamcast lovers what advice / info do you know on this topic('Sad')
Peace

Zero
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:30 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Here are a few words to the wise, just some basic rules to follow:

Rule #1: Do not sit and idle for lengthy periods of time in the main lobby (BLOCK01:LOBBY01), it seems that at the moment ALL of the major resets and problems occur when you idle in the main lobby for long periods of time. Join a random block and invite people on your guild card list, or pop in and out and pull new aquantance soff to another block or lobby number.

Rule #2: If your game suddenly freezes, and you are prompted with a screen that says, "Disconnected from the server, PRESS START to continue" DO NOT PRESS THE START BUTTON!!!!!!! By pressing the start button it will completly corrupt your memory card, and when you go to look at the files on your VMU browser, you will see a series of "@@@@@@@" symbols. Someone use a gameshark code to initiate this.

Rule #3: If the following above in rule #2 occurs, or any other freeze or system problem. IMMEDIATLY remove the internet cable from the back of your dreamcast console, then pull the VMU out of your sega dreamcast controller. Then power off your dreamcast, start it up again, wait until the start menu loads, slide in your VMU, and continue game should appear. You might lose a few unequiped items that you had garnered online. however everything else should be perfectly intact.
(I know this because this and what occurred in rule 2 corrupted one of my characters, and applying the methods used in rule 3 during the same exact situation salvaged my entire character.

Rule #4: When playing with people you do not know, don't carry your best items/weapons into battle, especially during a boss fight. Some people nicknamed 'pirates', basically lour you into the game and then ease back and don't help you out if your in trouble. They then wait till you die, and then steal your equipped weapon and mesata then leave the game.

------

To the best of my knowledge everyone currently registered at onlineconsoles at this point in time are honest PSO gamers, that play fair, i believe a small percentage of people are completly legit. I myself am a completly legit player and i do not use duped or overgrinded weapons. Basically in thw realm of DC PSO the best thing to do is to team up with gamers you can trust, I have most of the people on this sites guild cards, everyone here so far is an honest PSO player, that does not maliciously attack other players. So far I have a Lv88 Hucast, and I have had no problems for over 5 months.
Posted:
Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:25 am
quote : #3
yea ive experienced hacking b4, its no biggie if u just follow what nikkon says Wink