Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
Player Zero
rank 2
Posted:
Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:21 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
On sega.com's old DC site, there was a save for Sega Rally 2. Now, I never got this save to work, and was wondering if anyone else had trouble with it as well. I posted a couple days ago that I had all the game saves from the sega.com site (and I do) it's just that this particular save always came up as corrupted when I would try to load it in Sega Rally 2. So I'm not sure if it's any good...

darkooga
rank 19
Posted:
Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:54 pm
quote : #2
its propably ur vmu
Posted:
Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:58 pm
quote : #3
You would think that initially, but I tried it on multiple VMU's and even a couple official Sega 4x memory cards and still got the same results.

Shark_812
rank 5
Posted:
Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:11 pm
quote : #4
are you talkin about planetweb's saves?
if not, i didnt know sega.com had game saves....
anyways, if you send the save to me i could test it, i have sega rally 2

Einhander
rank 20
Posted:
Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:12 pm
quote : #5
I have downloaded Sega Rally 2 saves from three separate sites online, and none of them have worked. It's not a problem with me, as I am not boneheaded, and have downloaded several other saves, and made them work, and it wasn't a problem with my VMU, as I used two separate ones.

I think Thor (or Buddha or Jehova or Zeus or God or Mother Nature or the Great Spirit or Athena or Wonder Woman or anyone I forgot) does not want DreamCast gamers to download and use Sega Rally 2 saves.

I didn't have a very high opinion of Sega Rally 2 anyway, I prefer the original Saturn arcade port of the original. At least it had a relatively steady framerate.

I'll probably end up taking it to a game shop for credit one of these days.