Topic: FINALLY picked up 4x4

Page 1 of 2
Tao
rank 15
Posted:
Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:40 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I was browsing through a game store today, and I snatched up 4x4 with no regrets--cost me 13 bucks. I have to say, I'm impressed with the mad modification you can apply to your car, but off roading simply isn't my thing.I also got online and, wow, there were at least 40 people on. Impressive. If I had to choose between this and F355, I'd probably go with F355, just because I find the game more enjoyable.
Posted:
Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:49 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
I've had the game since November, but the disc is screwed up. Some trucks don't load correctly, a few tracks load up but have missing textures, etc. So I haven't been terribly keen on playing the game until I get a FULLY WORKING copy.

-Mytho

jools
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:05 pm
quote : #3
yeah, it doesn't compare with 355 at all, but it's good for a quick blast. There's ppl on 24/7, even if some of them cheat like hell. I was in a race today with a pc user who's top speed was........1670mph.

Fortunately you can set the vehicle class so ppl can't use those custom trucks. You can download plenty of tracks, some of them are so cool with those huuuuuuge jumps!

Let me know if you wanna meet up.

Zyxx
rank 1
Posted:
Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:03 pm
quote : #4
I have opened a new Team on 4x4 XoT so let me kno if u want tryout, XoT stands for Xtreme offroad Team i have ranks and all.
Ask me for help if u dont really kno 4x4 Smile.
rank 19
Posted:
Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:37 am
quote : #5
yeah, some pc users in 4x4 are asses
Posted:
Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:00 pm
quote : #6
I just won the auction for this game on Ebay today!!! I can't wait to play it online!!

See you all soon!!

Douglas

Smile

darkooga
rank 19
Posted:
Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:29 am
quote : #7
cool
Posted:
Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:02 am
quote : #8
Please tell me you didn't get it from KevinGilley or whatever his name is. I've just had bad experiences with that seller. Crying or Very sad

-Mytho

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Wed Mar 03, 2004 1:21 pm
quote : #9
i also finally got this game and it is quite cool, however, i have not been allowed on line yet with this one, i think its cos i use bt as my isp, but if i use my old one then my f355 doesnt work, which isp is the best or rather the all round one to use? i really cant be assed to re register every time i want to go with a different game every few days
Posted:
Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:27 pm
quote : #10
Hey Mytho,

Yeah it was from a guy called kccleary...what was the problem that you had? He has 100% positive feedback and already left me positive feedback. I guess I'll know in a week or so if my game never shows up.

Sorry you had a problem with the guy, I hope that I don't!!!

Douglas

Smile

Einhander
rank 20
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:08 pm
quote : #11
I bought 4x4 from a game shop last friday, but it was giving my DC trouble with booting. The game would usually freeze up at the DC logo, but when it did boot, it was a pretty cool game. It was nice that it had a large selection of trucks to choose from, as well as a hefty selection of performance-adjusting parts. It was kind of crappy that every truck sounded the same, and they all sounded like old beat up monster trucks.

While I'm not a big fan of checkpoint racers (and the AI in 4x4 cheats like a bandit), it was fun to just pick out a truck and drive around by myself. One cool thing about the game is the tracks are huge, with the course itself being a very small part. Also, the map "wraps around" when you get to the edge, so you don't see any artificial-looking barriers that impede your truck.

But I hated the fact that the CPU trucks simply use whatever upgrades you have on your truck during the race. It means that you will never get the upper hand, which is why you want to improve your truck in the first place.

Anyway, I took it back and got Sega GT instead.

maciver
banned!
Posted:
Thu May 13, 2004 10:26 pm
quote : #12
I bought a used DC for a friend of mine and when I opened it up to test it it had 4x4evo in it... I played it today I dont see why anyone likes it everyone on cheats I cant find the tracks and you lag like hell when anyone is on... I am STILL waiting on my PSOv2pal I ordered 3 weeks ago on ebay... I may have had asses playing with me when is the best time for a noob play against real players?
Posted:
Fri May 14, 2004 2:23 am
quote : #13
well maciver if ur really wanting to have some fun with 4x4 evo without people cheating. then the best time to play it is if ya find a fellow dc gamer playing, but kinda hard to even find someone else with a dreamcast even on. anyhow OC does have at least 1 time a week a time to meet and play, ultrapro is the one who is gonna set it up so look on the gaming schedule for more detail's.
also i c ur from texas too, so the time for us would be 4:00 pm on friday to play. about the tracks, the only problem i have is finding the names of a track, i posted somewhere on here info about that.
anyways looking forward to playing with ya, maybe i can help ya with the track thingy also.
Posted:
Fri May 14, 2004 10:37 am
quote : #14
shit shit shit shit, i missed the game last night, sorry guys i completly frickin FORGOT!!!! my brother has been home all week and i thought he'd be gone by last night but we watched jay and silent bob strike back and i just lost track of time !FUCK! right i'll definately be there i'm gonna set a new one up for monday night, i never do anything mondays. sorry guys.
Posted:
Fri May 14, 2004 11:18 am
quote : #15
ultrapro i thought it was for today at 10 pm gmt +1, well guess ill wait till monday then. Smile

anyways i might set a game up for sunday, if i dont get my nights and days screwed up over this weekend lol.