Topic: 100 dollars

Page 1 of 1
2kool4skool
rank 4
Posted:
Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:19 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
alright guys ive been saving up for quite some time now (i have no job so this is a lot of money for me) and i have saved up 133 dollars! 20 of which i have to use to pay off my brother with, but that leaves me with 113 bucks. i have nothing else id rather spend it on than my beloved Dreamcast. i am in no need for any controllers, mem. cards, etc. just GAMES! so heres where you come in. you gotta help me decide on what to get! i love all genres really. so tell me what you would do with 113 dollars and a dreamcast that is in GREAT need for some GREAT games. id very much appreciate all the help i can get. oh, and dont even tell me to just give it to you and youd "take care of it for me" Smile LOL, you aint gettin it!

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:22 pm
quote : #2
The ones you have right now will help

2kool4skool
rank 4
Posted:
Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:32 pm
quote : #3
you know what? i truely am an idiot.sorry for not telling you already but i will now.
starlancer, rippin riders, nba 2k1, crazy taxi, shenmue 2, half life, sega rally 2, tokyo extreme racer 2, power stone, virtua tennis, star wars demolition, border down, ikaruga, jet grind radio, vigilante 8 second offense, tony hawk pro skater 2, nfl 2k2, doa 2, outrigger, marvel vs capcom 2, quake 3, and unreal tournament.s so, there ya go, and sorry again for not mentioning them already, im dumb Crying or Very sad

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:46 pm
quote : #4
2kool4skool wrote:
you know what? i truely am an idiot.sorry for not telling you already but i will now.
starlancer, rippin riders, nba 2k1, crazy taxi, shenmue 2, half life, sega rally 2, tokyo extreme racer 2, power stone, virtua tennis, star wars demolition, border down, ikaruga, jet grind radio, vigilante 8 second offense, tony hawk pro skater 2, nfl 2k2, doa 2, outrigger, marvel vs capcom 2, quake 3, and unreal tournament.s so, there ya go, and sorry again for not mentioning them already, im dumb Crying or Very sad

Well you are dumb and im glad you admitted it =), wow you got Shenmue 2 but not the first!!!!

ok here is my picks

-Shenmue (1)
-Skies of Arcadia
-Phantasy Star Online
-Dead or Alive 2
-Soul Calibur
-MDK2
-Soul Reaver
-Grandia 2
-Ferrari F355 Challenge
-Sega GT
-House of the Dead 2 (with the light gun so much fun!)
-Ecco the Dolphin
-Seaman
-Samba de Amigo
-Rayman 2
-Sonic Adventure
-Sonic Adventure 2
-Crazy Taxi 2 (better then the first!)
-Chu Chu Rocket
-Ooga Booga

The word Dreamcast hit comes to mind with all of these

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:23 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
Personally, I really enjoy the King of Fighters games, but seeing as how they're usually $50-$60 to import, save your money if you really want 'em.

I can't argue with DC Magic's list, but I am totally mesmerized by the trance worlds of Rez. Get this one if you want a true masterpiece in your collection. It runs about, ah, $40-$50. And the newer PAL versions have difficulties running on NTSC systems.

Finally, one of my favorite Dreamcast fighting games, Last Blade 2, is an excellent Samurai Shodown-esque fighting game. The game has good play mechanics and you can't go wrong with it for $20. Be advised: The US version is censored (white 'milk' blood) and the taunts are in SNKgrish.

Space Channel 5 is OK. Not the high point in UGA's carrer (see REZ), but it's a decent PaRappa-like game. This'll set you back $5.

Dynamite Cop is an ode to the old-skool beat'em'up. It seems like you either love or hate this title. Anyway, an neat game for the $7 or so you'll pay.

If you really want something truly 'out there', check out Seventh Cross: Evolution. The Dreamcast has no shortage of offbeat games, and this has got to be one of the most bizzare premises. You start off as a little organism, and you have to work your way up the food chain by killing other animals and absorbing their likeness. The first few hours of the game can be fustrating (especially with those bastard crabs!), but stick with it. I got my copy for $15. WARNING: You will probably need a new VMU for this game. It takes up 170+ blocks and the upgrading system could only be described as convoluted at best.

EDIT: Oh man! Did I forget to include one of the shining moments in Dreamcast gaming? Headhunter. Think MGS2, but without the awkward story or highly detestable main character. Everything about this game echoes 'Sega Classic'. From the first boss battle, to unlocking all the weapons despensers at the LELIA offices, it clicks in the same way Rez does. Good musical score by Richard Jaques? Check. Likable characters, even if they're a bit cliched? Check. The gameplay itself is a mix of MGS with Resident Evil puzzle solving. The motorcycle bits alone are better than most stand-alone racing games out there. If you get one Dreamcast game, make it this one. Goes for about $35-$40 new. This is a PAL game, so you'll need a boot disc.

I'll think of more later.

-Mytho

Zyxx
rank 1
Posted:
Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:55 pm
quote : #6
4x4 evolution, its online and got always some peeps in it like 60 ppl come and leave per day , i saw the room going up to 45 the other day,It just depends on the day..You can dowload tracks Refer to me for help or sumthing..U can custom ur car like to choose wut parts to put on ur career car. Its a Great game, there are Teams(My Team XoT)...personnaly il'buy this1 Rite when i would see it but i already have it so...GL to find it..if so buy it.

edited by administration: no soliciting cheats, re-read the rules please
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:17 am
quote : #7
Broadband adaptor, that will take care of all or most of that money! Smile

WormyTheWorm
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:24 am
quote : #8
get WormsWorldParty... then you can have the honour and priviledge of playing me Smile
F355 races every 20mins.. 9:00pm / 9:20pm / 9:40pm ...and so on.

http://f355.tsx.org <---F355 race reports, and championship info is posted here.
2kool4skool
rank 4
Posted:
Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:50 pm
quote : #9
Well you are dumb and im glad you admitted it =), wow you got Shenmue 2 but not the first!!!!

ok here is my picks

-Shenmue (1)
-Skies of Arcadia
-Phantasy Star Online
-Dead or Alive 2
-Soul Calibur
-MDK2
-Soul Reaver
-Grandia 2
-Ferrari F355 Challenge
-Sega GT
-House of the Dead 2 (with the light gun so much fun!)
-Ecco the Dolphin
-Seaman
-Samba de Amigo
-Rayman 2
-Sonic Adventure
-Sonic Adventure 2
-Crazy Taxi 2 (better then the first!)
-Chu Chu Rocket
-Ooga Booga

The word Dreamcast hit comes to mind with all of these[/quote]

yes sir i did have the first shenmue but i beat it and then i gave it to my friend. it was an awesome game. phantasy star online sounds cool, but i only want it if i can still play it online. haha now its your turn to admit to being dumb, i said i had doa 2! LOL. soul calibur sounds like a good choice. i am Definately intrigues by house of the dead, i LOVE gun games. i hear ecco has fantastic graphics but is it really fun? or just pretty? never heard of samba de amigo. rayman is one i think im going to get. possibly the sonics too. im not really a big fan of the original crazy taxi so even if the next one is better i dont think i want it. chu chu and ooga booga i have never heard of either. thanks so much for the help, dreamcast magic! now Mytho, you have convinced me to get rez, last blade 2, and dynomite cop.oh and yes Headhunter too Very Happy zyxx, i had 4x4 evo. and i wasnt too big on it either, but i might re consider if the online portion is worth it. ORtrail, hahaha, no i dont want to use all my money on one thing! and finally, WormyTheWorm, i have to get wwp so i can have the honour and priviledge of playing you Rolling Eyes LOL! i must play you now, to see what the fuss is all about. thanks to all for all the help and i know now that my money will be put to the best use.

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:37 pm
quote : #10
2kool4skool wrote:
yes sir i did have the first shenmue but i beat it and then i gave it to my friend. it was an awesome game. phantasy star online sounds cool, but i only want it if i can still play it online. haha now its your turn to admit to being dumb, i said i had doa 2! LOL. soul calibur sounds like a good choice. i am Definately intrigues by house of the dead, i LOVE gun games. i hear ecco has fantastic graphics but is it really fun? or just pretty? never heard of samba de amigo. rayman is one i think im going to get. possibly the sonics too. im not really a big fan of the original crazy taxi so even if the next one is better i dont think i want it. chu chu and ooga booga i have never heard of either. thanks so much for the help, dreamcast magic! now Mytho, you have convinced me to get rez, last blade 2, and dynomite cop.oh and yes Headhunter too Very Happy zyxx, i had 4x4 evo. and i wasnt too big on it either, but i might re consider if the online portion is worth it. ORtrail, hahaha, no i dont want to use all my money on one thing! and finally, WormyTheWorm, i have to get wwp so i can have the honour and priviledge of playing you Rolling Eyes LOL! i must play you now, to see what the fuss is all about. thanks to all for all the help and i know now that my money will be put to the best use.

Ok good you did play the first Shenmue thats good I was thinking you were jumping right to the second. For PSO get the import from UK (this is a good Ebay seller that sells versions 1 and 2 all the time http://www.stores.ebay.co.uk/simplesimon1966classicvideogames/plistings/list/all/dept7/index.html?di r=-1&col=2&sotimedisplay=2 ) and thats what I was talking about so im not dumb. Crying or Very sad Very Happy Ok I missed the DOA 2 thing but a list is much easier to read, House is great ever played Point Blank? I have the PS one gun and PB3! Ecco does look insane and is fun but has some boring (really just hard) parts but its really based on you some like it others think its a tad boring but most love it, Samba De Amigo is a great game and good for parties too you use Maracas to dance to the music ... the official Sega made ones were only released a limited number in the US (if you do want them hit up Ebay)and the Japanese ones can be found at some importers but those are rare too even thought they got a full release in Japan, but you can buy 3rd party ones ... I made a topic on it awhile ago so search the boards for Samba and find that.

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:40 pm
quote : #11
Type: NTSC-U/C
2kool4skool wrote:
now Mytho, you have convinced me to get rez, last blade 2, and dynomite cop.oh and yes Headhunter too Very Happy

Make sure you can get a refund on Rez or you have a PAL Dreamcast if Rez won't play on your NTSC DC. Headhunter should have no problem running on an NTSC system with a boot disc. Otherwise, go ahead and get em all dude. Very Happy Remember that Last Blade 2 is a Neo-Geo game, so it isn't as eye-pleasing as Soul Calibur, but the animation and character designs are great.

Have fun. Smile

-Mytho

xAll Hope Is Lostx
rank 2
Posted:
Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:14 am
quote : #12
whoa, 2kool4skool, you live in Louisville too!? awesome! pm me and tell me where you live in Louisville. Im in the dirty south end, lol. i have alot of those games you want to buy and ill tell you, they are very good. ecpecially good is head hunter and rez. rez is an odd one but youll have fun playing it.i dont know where your going to get any of those though (i got mine off the net) but if you want to go somewhere your best bet would be the ebgames on hurstborne lane. call them and see if they have any Dreamcast games. last time i went there they did, but that was a while ago. now im going to throw a game in the mix that hasnt been mentioned yet and its actually one that most people dont like, but ill tell you so you can check it out for yourself. Virtua Fighter 3tb. now dont every body start yelling at me, i happen to LOVE this game. more so than even the mighty soul calibur. but i do think its a love it or hate it game so i suggest playing before you buy. but i had virtua fighter 4 on the ps2 and i worshiped that game, but when i got rid of my ps2 i had a need for some vf action and yes vf 3 filled the need very well. i think its every bit as good as vf 4. so check it out, and definately pm me because maybe we live kinda close. although Louisville is pretty huge you never know.